Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

Oh come on now...

This topic isn't to PC but you got to have at least one.

It can be from any show you've seen live or a broadcast.

No Names please!!!

So for me....

THE OBVIOUS...... FRACK...... I don't even need to give a name or year :)

88 Suncoast..... Opps..... The wall is backwards.

Oh.... I got to add one with me.... 97 Div II prelims

We had this move where a circle split into two circles and the outer cirlcle went into double time for 16 and the inner went 8..... well I was in the inner and for some reason..... I thought I was in the outer.... and right at that move.... BIG TICK!!! I made a recover in a 1/2 count and only the guy behind me noticed it BUT I still watch the video for that......

Shannon Jeffreys

Blue Stars 97,99

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on "The One" tick to end all ticks is the 89 BD Allegre (I think) soloist rightly names by all of my corps buddies, ReRun. To nail your solo ALL year then get to finals and suck face is just too much. Every time I hear that solo, I still feel the air just leave Arrowhead Stadium. That was just sad. :o

Finals night 2002 was full of 'em. I know 2002 isn't exactly "historical," but....

*That tenor player in Magic getting clocked in the backada head with a rifle, then spending a good portion of the tune just trying to recover on Side 1 while the rest of the corps gave him his space and migrated to Side 2.

*Cadets' rifle drop in the rifle feature. Look up the word "glaring" in the dictionary, and you'll see a picture of this.

*Cadets' contra hitting the turf and then weaving his way through the rest of the corps-- already halted in a block-- to get to his spot.

Also, Glassmen, 2001, a contra about a beat early for a unison horn entrance in their... opener? Somewhere in there.

I know I wouldn't want to be the sop in '91 Cadets' Prelude, Fugue, and Riffs who's supposed to hit a high note, in tune, nicely blended at the end of the tune, and failed to achieve even one of the three. Just a bad night for him, I guess, because I don't remember it being a problem at earlier shows.

Edited by MikeBob

Oh come on "The One" tick to end all ticks is the 89 BD Allegre (I think) soloist rightly names by all of my corps buddies, ReRun. To nail your solo ALL year then get to finals and suck face is just too much. Every time I hear that solo, I still feel the air just leave Arrowhead Stadium. That was just sad. :o

Yeah, that's the one everyone's just calling The Frack....

Oh we just called him ReRun. We had solist in 90 the could repeat "The Frack" note for note, frack for frack and would do it in the parking lot after shows. It was SO funny to other corps just bust a gut.

The Cavies horn player falling in 2001 during Movement 3. BAD FALL, and it is a close-up on the multi-camera angle on the DVD!! <**>

The two "drops" during the 2002 DCI finals by the Cavvie guard - but at least they got a perfect score..............

Two drops and a perfect score??? How does THAT happen?

My personal tick....

If you watch the 88 Suncoast vid, you will see it. At the end of the opening number, the entire corps folds into a dot in the middle of the field, facing backfield. On the last 4 counts, we turn to face front, then hold a second or two, then launch into the next tune. Well, if you watch, you will see one contra kinda "step out" after the turn.

Don't know if it was nerves or what, just did the turn too fast and the contra wanted to keep going. I remember looking right at one of our marching techs as it happened, and her jaw dropped. I think that she though _I_ was going to drop!