Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Garfield's horn line started going down at the end of the show, BD members who were in the end zone began cheering. Nice touch.

Speaking as one who was there...no we didn't.

CrGCContra...I loved the 84 Xmen show...jst thought I'd tell ya!

in 84 at our first show after folding the previous season we had a little mishap. our dm forgot to give a horns up before he started the show. the drum line didn't realize the horns weren't up so we started the show, when we didn't hear the horns after the first four bars we repated them and the horn line then came in. the hons up at the beginning of the show was taken out after that in favor of the horns going up during the dm's countoff for the opener. not a bad little recovery for a corps full of rookies at their first show.

Anyone remember 88 suncoast when they still had the single rifle toss of about 80yrds? at one show the person (can't remember if it was a guy or girl) missed the catch and the rifle cracked him/her in the head and knocked him/her out and there was a bit of blood from the gash too.

they pulled that toss out of the show after that i believe.

man that must have hurt :(

• 2 weeks later...
The two "drops" during the 2002 DCI finals by the Cavvie guard - but at least they got a perfect score..............

Two drops and a perfect score??? How does THAT happen?

Yep....that's what I want to know!!! :blink:

And the "drop" of the Cavie guy in Fight Club - well, I heard about it live from Greg Gilman when it happened (he was giving us messages via AIM that night), but I don't think they caught it on the video?

i've heard about that, but i never saw it. but i did see something else get screwed up in fight club. during that part when the guard starts to form the square while the rest of the corps is counting, i noticed this one guard guy on the right side (i think) of the block completely screw up the beginning portion of that dance. i guess he got there late, and looked completely lost for about 6 seconds. he just flubbed through some of the dance stuff

dont know if this has been mentioned but in 2002 the scouts had a snare miss a direction change in the opener and rammed right into the dude next to him.

One of my favorites is Cadets 95. At a big company front (second song i think, not sure) two horn players fall with about 4 seconds of time in between them AND another one almost wipes out with them...

wet grass sucks <**>

two more: in Eklipse this summer, the snare player next to me (center...hehe) tripped REAL bad on one of the orange cones they put on the sidelines...took him two or three steps to get his balance back..

and speaking of rifles and flags coming close to hitting you...one performance in high school i got nailed by a chain flag during our bass solo...in lack of better terms, it hit me right in the nuts

Edited by SomeRandomGuy

Anyone remember 88 suncoast when they still had the single rifle toss of about 80yrds? at one show the person (can't remember if it was a guy or girl) missed the catch and the rifle cracked him/her in the head and knocked him/her out and there was a bit of blood from the gash too.

they pulled that toss out of the show after that i believe.

man that must have hurt :(

I thought that toss was still in the show (need to pull the video). It;s in the perc feature...followes a slow up-the-wayboards section before the beginning of the last moves into The Wall....catch happens on a gong crash...

Finals night 2002 was full of 'em. I know 2002 isn't exactly "historical," but....

*Cadets' rifle drop in the rifle feature. Look up the word "glaring" in the dictionary, and you'll see a picture of this.

*Cadets' contra hitting the turf and then weaving his way through the rest of the corps-- already halted in a block-- to get to his spot.

Also the baritone player coming in early right after the riffle drop. Guess they saw it and lost focus. I guess that was when George called the fire department to put the fire out at the end of the show.