Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and that soloist got hit with karma finals night during his solo in Singing in the Rain. He may not have been his partner in the BD duet in 89, but he certainly filed the spot in 90 with you guys.

Although, most people today just assume he was mocking BD.

Well sort of. Chuck had the solo in Singing in the Rain, but you're referring to the boched slur at the end of Summer of 42. The camera was in Chuck but the slur was played and boched by Tim Mehan. (a BD alum)

• 1 month later...

One that sticks out in my mind is SCV Finals 1999, the beginning of Barber Symphony No. 2, when the Sop soloist completely cracks the second note. (I bet he felt a lot better about it after he got his Gold medal.) We played Barber my freshman year at my high school, and our soloist NEVER hit the right note there until our FINAL contest. Sort of backwards from what the SCV soloist did....

Someone in an EMass corps in the 70's (a class "A" corps, no less) peed his pants on the field. It was quite obvious from the stands. I know the name of the corps, but will not embarass anyone further by naming them.

Yeah, and that soloist got hit with karma finals night during his solo in Singing in the Rain. He may not have been his partner in the BD duet in 89, but he certainly filed the spot in 90 with you guys.

Although, most people today just assume he was mocking BD.

Yeah...........there's a lot of stuff we can bounce back and forth reminiscing about past drum corps blunders, but I think it's going to be a long, long time before any other corps experiences a *^%**&*^% nearly as horrific as us 89 BDers did.

Weird though.....all I do now is chuckle when I think about it. Guess there's only so much you can cry about milk spilt 18 years ago.

Yeah...........there's a lot of stuff we can bounce back and forth reminiscing about past drum corps blunders, but I think it's going to be a long, long time before any other corps experiences a *^%**&*^% nearly as horrific as us 89 BDers did.

Weird though.....all I do now is chuckle when I think about it. Guess there's only so much you can cry about milk spilt 18 years ago.

at least you can say you were part of the corps that had teh WORST frack in the history of the activity....not just the sheer badness of ti, but BECAUSE it happened to BD...wouldn;t been quite soinfamous if it'd happened that bad to a corps around 12th or lower.

93 Cavaliers. If they didn't use that stupid bicycle marching technique they wouldn't have been falling all over the place.

Because the insanely wet field from the rain had nothing to do with it, right? :sumo: