Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

Oh we just called him ReRun. We had solist in 90 the could repeat "The Frack" note for note, frack for frack and would do it in the parking lot after shows. It was SO funny to other corps just bust a gut.

Y'know, I think I remember that. I marched Freelancers in '90, and The Frack (just being polite here by not naming names, y'understand) was still a big freakin' deal, as you know.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not good with years because I have been to every DCI since 1976 but here are a few:

- various BD soloist "throw up's".

- Garfield's Z pull fall in Whitewater.

- us getting lost in Harlem NY in '76 on our way to VFW Nationals. 124 (we had 4 black guys) white guys on buses in Harlem in Cavalier uniforms. Not cool.

hahaha Mitchy I remember that one...... thanks tex. .....

I rmember meeting a guy in the subway in Boston selling flowers... he saw my Cavalier jacket and came up and introduced himself as "the guy from Anaheim that was in Drum Corps News laying onthe ground".... not sure about that being a monumental screw up by toimmortalize YOURSELF that way is a screw up.

The ULTIMATE!!! and I mean ULTIMATE Drum Corps Screw up was the Mandarins (I think 2001) at Precsision West. This young lady from the guard stopped at the end of a song and her bare chest was showing because her top came down. This Woman had some guts because she just held it there like it never happend and as soon as they were supposed to move she pulled it up.

The next Rifle toss She NAILED IT! I was proud of her not to get ruffled over that!

Edited by flammaster

Madison horn player slipping and falling just after the start of the opener at '74 finals. Set the tone for the loss to SCV.

Phantom rifle who dropped, causing their 1/10th penalty and loss to SCV in '78 finals (I know, I know . . . any tick in the show caused the loss, but that was the glaring one).

Troopers rifle throwing up (literally) at '75 prelims right on the front sideline.

Garfield had a big drum screw-up during '85 finals (Candide I think), but it didn't cost 'em the championship.

87...SkyRyders' West Side Story...one of the "judges" in the 'Officer Krupke' didn't get their robe and wig on in time...so there was an empy 'bench' that the guard member was pleading to.

B)

Edited by SBrancheau

I was at a competition in 1974 or 1975 in Columbus, Wisconsin. The show announcer spent way too much time talking about stuff and trying to entertain the crowd. In the end, the General Butler Vagabonds won the competition, but during score announcements the guy got their name wrong. After an awkward moment of silence, he said, "I MEEEAAN . . . " and proceeded to apolgize profusely for about two minutes, or so it seemed. I had actually been embarrassed for the guy even prior to that crowning gaffe -- but he gets points for energy and enthusiasm.

The one that comes to mind on TV is '92 Phantom. Guard member misses sabre toss, then prances over to pick it up just as the camera is focused right on her -- then changes her mind, leaves the sabre on the field, and runs back into the shifting drill -- ALL WHILE THE CAMERA WAS RIGHT ON HER! Poor thing :(

87...SkyRyders' West Side Story...one of the "judges" in the 'Officer Krupke' didn't get their robe and wig on in time...so there was an empy 'bench' that the guard member was pleading to.

B)

Didn't that happen in prelims also> I seem to recall seeing the same mistake on the finals broadcast, and the clips they use are almost always prelims.