Fan Network

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but they are beta testing a stream optimal for mobile & IPads and it's working FLAWLESSLY!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but they are beta testing a stream optimal for mobile & IPads and it's working FLAWLESSLY!!!!!!!!

I've gotten frozen with error code: unavailableContent three times so far today. Live chat rep seems to think it's an upstream server issue which they're working to address. As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't question the value of FN, or even the $49 for Finals...but is technical quality too much to ask?

Agreed, running it wirelessly on my Kindle Fire HD, great picture and sound. Loving this!

I've gotten frozen with error code: unavailableContent three times so far today. Live chat rep seems to think it's an upstream server issue which they're working to address. As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't question the value of FN, or even the $49 for Finals...but is technical quality too much to ask?

The risk of putting something out that says "beta" is that you still get judged by it. I think their thought process is not so much about today -- you can't get this stuff worked out in a testing environment. Load testing is always a risk for something like this. As such, you have an experimental thing sort of masked as a vetted product.

It's better they try this today than on Finals night. It's hard, but try not to judge the experimental as harshly.

• Like 2

I can't even connect right now to fan network. Why would I pay to watch finals if they can't handle the traffic tonight?

I'm not sure of your situation, and I'm not sure of theirs. You'll have to make that decision. I was speaking only towards the experimental mobile stream I saw earlier for what that's worth.

Anyone else have trouble with the HQ feeds stopping for a few seconds every 10-15 seconds or so ...

contacted DCI ... got the "usual reply" ... restart, empty cache, check speed etc. ... but it is still happening today when the content is not "live streaming" ...

any ideas?

fan network has worked perfectly for me tonight

Me too, using the BETA on my Kindle Fire. The only thing that I noticed was minimal stuttering when they switched to the close up cams. High cam was solid.

I can't even connect right now to fan network. Why would I pay to watch finals if they can't handle the traffic tonight?

Yeah, I'm concerned about the fact that the Fan Network servers weren't even responding when I tried to connect at around peak load time (the last 3-4 performances). Drumcat, I don't suppose you have any ex-insider info on whether they are planning to just stream Finals within the existing infrastructure or whether they are preparing something different? The failures of late have gotten me really curious about all the details of the architecture since I do this sort of thing (not live-streaming video, but managing servers that run busy interactive websites) for a living. I'm in hyper-problem-solving mode here... :rock: