Booing is not cool at a drum corps show

Boo.

Seriously though...shouldn't this be closed?

If people want to boo, then go see a professional sporting event.

Hi. Devil's advocate here. Try to see my point before giving me a -25 rep on this post.

Perhaps DCI shouldn't call this "Marching Music's Major League" then, eh?

And who do most people boo at a sports event? A referee or umpire, right? So my "food for thought" is, the judges can handle it. And frankly, some deserve it sometimes. Although I have not personally booed at a show, I don't disagree when some do voice their displeasure. It's their right. If seats cost $75 or more per show, let them do what they want. If it was $10 and still a "youth activity", fine. But let's call it what it is, shall we. DCI has defined it.

Lastly, I don't think the Blue Devils members really give a crap if people boo the results (obviously, you're referring directly to that). Has it really ever affected the members? If anything, they probably get their motivational jollies from it. Fans pay for the activity to exist. Good, bad, and otherwise.

Just saying.

Edited by IMcomguy
  • Like 5

I understand your angst, but please do not engage in booing any anti boo threads, ok ?

10_31_2008_boo_cav.jpg

It should, but not before I repost this pic:

qEVq8Yc.png

Didnt see this when i posted.

Boo on me

Hi. Devil's advocate here. Try to see my point before giving me a -25 rep on this post.

Perhaps DCI shouldn't call this "Marching Music's Major League" then, eh?

And who do most people boo at a sports event? A referee or umpire, right? So my "food for thought" is, the judges can handle it. And frankly, some deserve it sometimes. Although I have not personally booed at a show, I don't disagree when some do voice their displeasure. It's their right. If seats cost $75 or more per show, let them do what they want. If it was $10 and still a "youth activity", fine. But let's call it what it is, shall we. DCI has defined it.

Lastly, I don't think the Blue Devils members really give a crap if people boo the results (obviously, you're referring directly to that). Has it really ever affected the members? If anything, they probably get their motivational jollies from it. Fans pay for the activity to exist. Good, bad, and otherwise.

Just saying.

Ka-Ching!!!!! See bold above.

• Like 2

I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, of the booing is done by clueless high school band kids who don't know any better. Yet.

They're there in big groups, sitting together. One starts to boo, the group joins in. If anybody has actually witnessed people booing, as in seeing the actual person making the noise, and it wasn't a high school band kid: please correct me.

I'm not correcting you, but I've seen high-schoolers and people ranging from 30 to probably 50 boo. It's not limited to one age group, but I agree with you that it's the high-schoolers (my generation, coincidently) that boo the most.

• Like 1

Its a sport. People boo the officials in EVERY sport when they disagree with their call. God knows i've done my share of booing at college football and basketball games.

And the kids are all old enough to know its aimed at the judges. Hell, even if it was directed at them they should be old enough to take it well enough. Hell, as a college marching band member i went into a stadium where we were getting booed more than once. That was fun as hell.

• Like 5

Its a sport. People boo the officials in EVERY sport when they disagree with their call. God knows i've done my share of booing at college football and basketball games.

And the kids are all old enough to know its aimed at the judges. Hell, even if it was directed at them they should be old enough to take it well enough. Hell, as a college marching band member i went into a stadium where we were getting booed more than once. That was fun as hell.

Guy in front of me was flipping off the purdue marching band. Made me lol to no end.

But yeah... a lot of visiting bands get booed. Here at least.