Allentown 2013

They would have to work hard to beat '67.

:blink:/>/>

Yes... good point. Boston Crusaders had a percussion line in '67 that was just about the best in the country. A lot of early Drumline innovations too came of BAC.

My guess you are 103 years old, Ace. ( haha.. just kidding )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Yes... good point. Boston Crusaders had a percussion line in '67 that was just about the best in the country. A lot of early Drumline innovations too came of BAC.

I am not a day over 90. I know, 'twas a different era. But those BAC corps were awe- and fear-inspiring. Sometimes, they innovated so much, that the VFW and Legion judges didn't know how to score them.

• Like 1

I am not a day over 90. I know, 'twas a different era. But those BAC corps were awe- and fear-inspiring. Sometimes, they innovated so much, that the VFW and Legion judges didn't know how to score them.

Yes.

Just got back from the show. I'm a bit surprised by the recap.

Crown had the best show.

I thought that the crown drum line was pretty darn clean tonight. BAC was greatly improved from earlier in the year, but not over crown in anything.

I saw several performance issues in BD's show, including guard, viz phasing, and some side to side music pulling. And they added dubstep wubwub over the drum solo? :blink:

Also would have had Oregon over PC by a bit.

• Like 3

...any of those mid-sixties lines was amazing (I listen to their olde drum solos all the time and compare year to year) but alot of my drummer buddies out here swear by '71...'course I was busy getting shot at in '71, so have to take their word for it...they sound awesome on the recordings, though...enough for history, time for the now: Get 'em BAC!

Good to see I have a fan who likes to shed a minus on all my posts. Minus me all you want. I am a Madison Scout and I couldn't care less.

Oh two whole minuses now huh?? I feel sad for my detractors since this Scouts show is so great!

• Like 1

So, I heard rumours about a new ending for Crown. Anyone want to take one for the team and divulge?

Also, .2 spread with new drill, that could close quickly

• Like 1

So, I heard rumours about a new ending for Crown. Anyone want to take one for the team and divulge?

Also, .2 spread with new drill, that could close quickly

Even without new drill it could close quickly. Even an entire point, even this late in the season, even with two of the most consistent night-to-night groups to ever field a drum corps show, a gap in one direction could become a gap in the other in a single night.