Allentown weather.

No, all attempts are made to put on a show even if it is stand still. The stadium is being used tomorrow for a TOC event. Other corps have to be at different shows. I would assume Allentown would just not be part of the seeding process.

Hopefully this will not be an issue. The current forecast is calling for a 30% chance of scattered t-storms. I believe with that, if anything, they will just have a delay. It is already going to be a long night, so let's hope the storms scatter in a different direction.

From weather.com -

"Expect occasional thunderstorms to end by 3:30 pm."

"TODAY - Variable clouds with showers and thundershowers, mainly this morning. High 79F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%."

More importantly..

"TONIGHT - Widely scattered showers or a thunderstorm this evening. Then partly cloudy. Low 59F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%."

Don't count the show out yet!

What if tonight is rained out? Will all Saturday corps perform Sunday?

Boston went on in the rain the other night and they have a demanding show. No big deal.

As a meteorologist I'd say 10% chance it gets rained out. Think the bulk of the wet weather is gone by show time at 7pm although I can see how showers linger until about 8 or 9. However, the heaviest and steadiest rain will be done by 7. All-in-all, pretty confident they get the show in although there could easily by a delay.

Now just promise not to all rip me apart if for some reason the above doesn't work out :)

It rained a fair bit during the Saturday Allentown show in 2011, particularly at the beginning and end. Crown got the worst of it (among the competing corps, that is; Bridgeman Alums were even more soaked). The show was never even delayed, and most of the audience came prepared with their rain gear, and didn't leave till it was done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

1375538292[/url]' post='3300838']

From weather.

"Expect occasional thunderstorms to end by 3:30 pm."

"TODAY - Variable clouds with showers and thundershowers, mainly this morning. High 79F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%."

More importantly..

"TONIGHT - Widely scattered showers or a thunderstorm this evening. Then partly cloudy. Low 59F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%."

Don't count the show out yet!

Chance of rain 30% = chance of dry 70%

Edited by Fr. Andrwe

As a meteorologist I'd say 10% chance it gets rained out. Think the bulk of the wet weather is gone by show time at 7pm although I can see how showers linger until about 8 or 9. However, the heaviest and steadiest rain will be done by 7. All-in-all, pretty confident they get the show in although there could easily by a delay.

Now just promise not to all rip me apart if for some reason the above doesn't work out :)

If there is a rainout and the show is cancelled there is a 30% chance of your being partly clubbed at 9pm and a 70% chance of a sunny outlook for you to remain a working meterologist by 9am Monday..... (just not on DCP. ) :smile:

Chance of rain 30% = chance of dry 70%

As a wise man once said:

There might be a 30 percent chance of rain for the area...

but if it's raining where you are standing, it's a 100 percent chance. :tongue: