Buffalo Wing Championships

Congrats to SCV's guard. Cadets guard is killing them...

• Like 2

So anyone want to tell me where they were getting those numbers. They certainly weren't averages (would have been in the 90s)..... and they certainly weren't cumulative (would have been like in the 600s). Anyone?

Some interesting caption scores tonight. Crown takes 3rd in music due solely to perc. Wow. Guard scores seem much different than last night of my memory serves me correctly.

Folks - regarding the lousy audio: I don't know if it's been mentioned as I have not read this entire thread, but there was no "audio set-up" for the show. No microphones were set up. The audio feed cam from the Side 2 sideline camera the was shooting the pit primarily. Often he would park right in front of the pit speakers on that side. That's why the pit overpowered everything. That's also why the field brass and battery sounded so muffled. In most cases cameras like that have a shotgun mic (mono) because they are used primarily for interviews, etc. The microphone recording level on the camera was way too high for drum corps, hence the terrible distortion. The company hired to do this webcast obviously had NO IDEA how to shoot a drum corps show. I pity the people who paid expressly for this show.

Shawn

So anyone want to tell me where they were getting those numbers. They certainly weren't averages (would have been in the 90s)..... and they certainly weren't cumulative (would have been like in the 600s). Anyone?

Add all 3. Divide by 2.

I think it's safe to say that Crown's percussion is LITERALLY destroying their chances of winning the world championships. That 1.0 spread between their percussion and BD's is killer.

• Like 2

Santa Clara wins percussion and color guard! Who saw that coming?

• Like 3