Buffalo Wing Championships

nm

No tie is complete...

Without a suit to go with it

barney_300x300.jpg?1273891196

Brasso you changed your post :shutup:/>

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba

Exactly why Crown's drum book should win.

I'll take excellent integration over incredible execution any day.

:blink: Are you serious? Really... :doh:

Edited by wallace
  • Like 1

No tie is complete...

Without a suit to go with it

barney_300x300.jpg?1273891196

Brasso you changed your post :shutup:/>/>/>

I know.. I wanted to show the ugly tie, but could only link it instead so I just wimped out and deleted the link altogether. But I'm a work in progress. So to make amends, for those that like " ties " in Drum Corps, I'll recommend :

http://www.zazzle.com/recycle_paper_bags_neck_tie-151918686540517121

Or for the more serious dashing young man :

http://www.zazzle.com/just_because_neck_wear-151717741508042143

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Crown and pointed in drums and still ties BD. there is a small sliver of hope yet

Maybe this has already been stated, but after watching a few minutes of the webcast again, I realized that when the counting from Crown got REALLY loud, there was a cameraman standing directly in front of one of their speakers. Maybe every camera had a mic on it and they were ALL on at the same time?

Someone said that there were no independent mics, just ones on the cameras, and that the camera crew didn't know anything about filming drum corps. If those are both true, then I can imagine where all the problems people were talking about tonight came from...

Maybe this has already been stated, but after watching a few minutes of the webcast again, I realized that when the counting from Crown got REALLY loud, there was a cameraman standing directly in front of one of their speakers. Maybe every camera had a mic on it and they were ALL on at the same time?

When Crown started counting.. and rapidly, it looked to me like the cameraman passed out, and we then got angles of clouds, sun, shoes,etc before they cut away to some other Rent- A- Cameraman-for-a- Day they got this afternoon in a downtown Buffalo Camera Shop.

seated on the 50 in row 35... coming from someone who hates amplification... I can say it (the counting) was NO PROBLEM in the stands - it was NOT overpowering and added to the show...

• Like 1

For me before the show even began, it was pretty obvious Crown was going to close the gap. Just like last night I knew BD would do well with Torchia, Kelly, and Griffin on the panel.

So some thoughts on judges tonight. Only Oliviero, Orefice, and Miller have been judges recently during championship week. Miller has been a consistent judge during the week but has never judged a Finals show. His caption for all these years has been GE Visual and has not judged guard at any of the previous championship weeks.

Boulden, and Howarth have never judged a championship week in the last 10 years.

Hinman has not judged during championship week since the 2007 and 2008 seasons. Niebauer has not judged championship week since 2007 and that was QF. He has been a consistent judge this year on the circuit and could be in Indy next week. Mitchell's last time judging championship week was 2005, 2004, 2003.

Just some food for thought.

this sounds like a slam to those who have not judged championships... and I'm taking your word for it as I could care less...

So I will say as one who directed a corps that Giff Howarth taught and performed with... He is probably the most musically capable percussion judge you will find anywhere - not to mention that he is one of the finest professional 4 mallet performers in the world - heaven forbid those massive pits be judged by someone who has walked the walk and speaks their language... DCI is fortunate to have him working...

• Like 1