Buffalo Wing Championships

Still no news item on the DCI page. They have the open semis - congrats SCV Cadets, but nothing on Crown's win.

Winner deserves their props. Get with it DCI. Appears one detail fell through the cracks.

I'm just sayin' they should promote their win. They earned it.

Does the ToC have a website?

this sounds like a slam to those who have not judged championships... and I'm taking your word for it as I could care less...

So I will say as one who directed a corps that Giff Howarth taught and performed with... He is probably the most musically capable percussion judge you will find anywhere - not to mention that he is one of the finest professional 4 mallet performers in the world - heaven forbid those massive pits be judged by someone who has walked the walk and speaks their language... DCI is fortunate to have him working...

Not at all Tom. I respect every judge's opinion and I feel any judge has the capacity to judge finals week if asked to. I'm just pointing out observations I've seen in the judging panels this year and in the past. I did the same after the Salem show when Crown won and people were rejoicing like no tomorrow. Seeing the panels for Allentown (regional and TOC), the more familiar judging names popped out that for this year are leaning towards the BD show.

I for one love when new judges look at this activity with a slightly fresh look or when a judge hasn't judged all season and gives a new opinion of how they're seeing things.

Although I don't have your vast experience in the activity, I have been a member and fan for over 25 years. And whether we all want to admit, we do see the same familiar names every year in the judging panels during championship week. Hence all the posts regarding the Torchia's, Gilley's and Czapinski's of the world that are made on these boards every season. Again just some food for thought.

Appears one detail fell through the cracks.

You're posting in a thread involving the worst broadcast of all time, and your "one detail falling through the cracks" is about who won the TOC?

The most "seamlessly integrated" percussion book is Blue Devils. It's not at all surprising either, given that the brass and percussion books were written together, by the same guy.

Why do people keep saying this? I'm pretty sure Wayne Downey does not write the percussion parts.

Dave Glyde composes the music score (think of it as a piano score), and Wayne arranges his music for the brass line.

• Like 1

It's like they gave the cameras to monkeys ...

And like they put the microphone (singular) up a monkey's butt, and let the head monkey call the shots on the multicam.

• Like 1

THEY ENDED CROWN'S SHOW WITH A SHOT OF SOMEONE'S CROTCH FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Purple balls. Hmmmm... maybe BK will use that in their show next year? :tongue:/>/

BK's show makes me think of A Christmas Story, as the Old Man opens the present from Mother: "It's a blue ball!"