Your Final Prediction

1. Blue Devils – 97.7 (Music)

2. Carolina Crown - 97.45 (GE / Visual / Brass – 6th or 7th in perc)

3. Santa Clara Vanguard 97.10 (Percussion and guard) (love SCV...hope I’m wrong and they win)

4. The Cadets - 96.80 (peaked early)

5. Bluecoats - 94.90 (surge)

6. Phantom Regiment - 93.75 (peaked early)

7. Boston Crusaders - 91.70 (surge)

8. Madison Scouts - 91.40 (battle)

9. The Cavaliers - 90.80 (surge)

10. Blue Knights - 88.75

11. Blue Stars - 85.25

12. Spirit - 84.35

----------------------

13. Troopers - 84.00 (love this show, wish it would make finals

14. Crossmen - 83.90

15. Pacific Crest – 82.30

16. Colts - 81.55

17. Mandarins - 80.20

18. Oregon Crusaders - 80.10

19. The Academy - 79.00

20. Jersey Surf - 78.30

21. Pioneer - 71.45

22. Cascades - 69.30

I like your spread between Spirit, Troop and Xmen! I really think that any of these three could make finals. (Kind of like when Xmen slipped past Blue Stars last year.) I also like seeing Pioneer finally beating someone in World Class competition. This group has struggled for so many years they deserve to hear their score after another is given!

The Blue Devils will win again.

Probably by at least a point.

Edited by Nizerifin
  • Like 1

The Blue Devils will win again.

Probably by at least a point.

Nah. Not with the way Cadets and Crown are currently surging. Whoever wins, it'll be very tight at the top.

No matter what happens, these talented young adults have worked their butts off so hard. Whoever wins, they deserve it and we must RESPECT the outcome. If our favorite corp doesn't win, let's not give up hope. Stranger things have happened before.

It's kind of sad to see that the 2013 season is about to come to a close. But in the mean time, 2014 will be here sooner whether than later. I am so proud of each corps. They all have amazing talent and we couldn't ask for anything more. Come this weekend, I want everyone to go out there and leave everything on the field.

In closing, this will be the most craziest week ever. Who will win? Nobody knows but whoever it is, I will like to give an early CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I know I might get some red marks but I do not think SCV will win guard. Just because they won guard this past days, doesn't mean they will win it Saturday. My prediction is between Crown & BD. One thing for sure is Scott Chandler will pull something out of his hat to make the guard stand out. But IMO, I think BD will take it but by a slim margin.

My predictions will be told after Semis. I will have a better chance to see where everyone stands before Finals.

I don't know how it will impact scores, but here's what I suspect will happen:

Blue Stars

Tensions will erupt when the brass judge is accidentally stuck by a pin meant for a voodoo doll. After some sort of spell is cast, he will recover and go on to judge brass for the rest of the night, much to the relief of Crown fans.

Spirit of Atlanta

Partway through the show, an actual raid will occur and the entire corps will be taken away except for one mellophone player who was the designated driver. He will give an intoxicating performance and save the day.

Blue Knights

As a last minute addition, BK will include the scene from European Vacation where Chevy Chase can’t get out of the traffic circle. They will be rewarded for linking their past English show to the endless circle theme.

Boston Crusaders

Boston will be heavily penalized by visual judges who don’t realize they are on the field until they reveal the red uniforms. They will get most of it back from GE judges who thought they were performing underground before rising.

Madison Scouts

The percussion judge will be injured by a stray bullet he had assumed was just a sound effect. Inspired by the show, he will ‘soldier’ on to judge drums the rest of the night, much to the disappointment of Crown fans.

The Cavaliers

The Cavies will shock the audience by breaking their secrecy to reveal the answer to one of the world’s most enduring questions, namely, what happens to all the odd socks that disappear in the dryer.

Bluecoats

In an attempt to bolster the parade theme, Bloo will add real horses to the field. This will not be appreciated by the corps yet to perform.

Phantom Regiment

In an impressive feat of fluid dynamics, an actual moat will be added to fully highlight the castle formation. Triumph will turn to tragedy when VK’s shark resurfaces to eat the heroine.

Santa Clara Vanguard

In an effort to enhance the Les Miserables experience, Vanguard will add a voice sample of Hugh Jackman singing. Disaster will ensue when they accidentally use Russell Crowe.

The Cadets

Looking to add a small ensemble feature, Hopkins will ask his staff to shop for a quartet by Barber. His instructions will be misunderstood, and the show will end up with a barber shop quartet. In a thematically appropriate reaction, George will be beside himself.

Carolina Crown

Not providing the answer that his lover hoped for, John will get slapped into the middle of next week, thus proving that time can be altered if sufficient energy is amassed.

Blue Devils

In an attempt to save the sacrificed maiden who dances herself to death, the Devils will reprise their 2005 show and have her dance backwards until she comes back to life in their newly titled show, “Yowsa, what a Riot!”

You forgot:

Troopers

In typical Trooper fashion, during semis the Troopers surge with a tremendous GE effect called the "Super Sunburst" and make Finals, wherein they finish in, you got it...11th!

• Like 1

You forgot:

Troopers

In typical Trooper fashion, during semis the Troopers surge with a tremendous GE effect called the "Super Sunburst" and make Finals, wherein they finish in, you got it...11th!

Sorry, just went with the prelims top 12 seeds to be fair, and to stay within the severely limited bounds of my own creativity. :smile:

I'd like to see Crown finally win one, and I don't agree with the direction the Blue Devils have gone for at least the last 10 years in terms of making the drum corps activity 'entertaining the fans'. Sure, they're talented as heck, but the show design is just blah and you can't tell me you enjoy listening to those shows on cd like you did with the 80's-90's BD.

Saw SCV live this year in early July and they really grew me in. The rest of my exposure has sadly been limited to youtube.

Hoping:

Crown

SCV

Cadets

Blue Devils

• Like 1

My only wish is that the judges stay out of the way (In other words, leave your agendas behind.) and let the top 4 corps duke it out. All are worthy, and it is mathematically possible for each corps to win.

That said, it will be:

Blue Devils

Crown

Cadets (rooting for a win here)

SCV

Phantom

Bluecoats

Cavaliers

Madison

Boston

Blue Knights

Spirit