TOC Fiasco on the FN

For those of us that aren't FN subscribers, what was the issue?

From the word go the sound was atrocious: feed back, loud one minute barely audible the next.

The "camera work" could have been better provided by monkeys: close-ups of the ground, peoples midsections, totally missing impact points and it seemed there was quite the fascination of the pit section during the entire broadcast.

To say it was amateurish would be an understatement.

For more just visit the "Buffalo Wing Championship" thread - go to page 8 and start reading the comments as the "journey unfolded"!

Edited by ashevillemurphy
  • Like 1

For those of us that aren't FN subscribers, what was the issue?

The broadcast was just bad - from camera work to resolution to the internet feed. DCI should be refunding everyone's money for the cost of the one show.

• Like 1

According to Facebook, DCI is blaming an "intermediate ISP provider." Per Kevin Gamin, apparently Time Warner took over the feed at the stadium, rather than DCI. I do not know how (or if) the two are related.

Mike

#########.

Clearly the event wasn't miked for music. All sound was mono off of crappy camera mics, mixed from mics on sideline and pressbox without regard to delay issues, let alone sound quality. Completely amateur production last night.

DCI is clearly relying on ignorance of the masses with this as their excuse. There may well have been ISP issues as well, but this recording engineer knows that the audio issues were at the front of the chain.

Demand a refund. I did, and I got it. There have been issues with several webcasts this year, and I had enough. As a paying customer, I shouldn't have to spend a minimum of the first half of a show on FN chat prodding them to fix issues that should have been addressed BEFORE the commencement of the broadcast.

Start talking with your wallets.

• Like 2

#########.

Clearly the event wasn't miked for music. All sound was mono off of crappy camera mics, mixed from mics on sideline and pressbox without regard to delay issues, let alone sound quality. Completely amateur production last night.

DCI is clearly relying on ignorance of the masses with this as their excuse. There may well have been ISP issues as well, but this recording engineer knows that the audio issues were at the front of the chain.

Demand a refund. I did, and I got it. There have been issues with several webcasts this year, and I had enough. As a paying customer, I shouldn't have to spend a minimum of the first half of a show on FN chat prodding them to fix issues that should have been addressed BEFORE the commencement of the broadcast.

Start talking with your wallets.

Did you just purchase the 19.95 one night broadcast or did you purchase one of the package deals ... if the latter how much did they refund you?

I have been a subscriber since day one ...never missed a webcast....while there have been some....growing pains.....last night was the absolute worst....I have sent FN an email....no reply as yet...very disappointed in what we were fed last night.....after rolling out a finals option...we got that mess....not a good omen???? And typically DCI didn't manage to...get out in front.....come on dudes....after 50 years of Drum Corps activity....ur starting to lose me....

Yea pass the buck! thumbdown.gif

They out and out lied to me! I was all ready to watch open class live. Then they emailed me back after asking what was up and they said "no you can't watch it live. you were mis represented" but you can watch it over and over." Uhhh that is what BD media box is for!