TOC Fiasco on the FN

Just received a reply from FN: an apology and stating they had reached a conclusion with their provider ... whatever that means, and no explanation of what their conclusion is.

By "conclusion" do they mean "termination"?

I wonder if it would benefit DCI for them to say something during Thursday's cinecast about how the Finals production will be nothing like Buffalo--publicly throw Time Warner (or whomever) under the bus?

I sent a reply to their 1st reply...came back with blame that addressed the tech malfunctions....no reply in regard to the production that appeared to be manned by middle school children who had never seen a Drum Corps show....basically a corporate type reply from them.....do they understand the FANS at all.....frustrated and my loyalty is sinking fast.

My email to "support" (at 7:30 this morning) regarding last night:

I don't know what to say about the much ballyhooed TOC finale "LIVE" broadcast I witnessed last night. It was quite possibly the worst experience you could have possibly provided for paying customers of any stripe. The coverage might have been better had monkeys been given the cameras. It is at once sad and pathetic that there is better quality found for FREE on other sites on the internets. As with the usual "customer service" provided I'm sure there will be no adequate resolution for last nights fiasco. Still shaking my head ... oh, yeah - no hurry on getting that crap posted for VOD.

Almost 8 hours after my initial contact I get the same canned response:

Hello Jeffrey,

We sincerely apologize for the quality of broadcast at Buffalo's event on August 5th. The circumstance that occurred is an isolated incident, and will not be carried over into the Championship broadcasts for Prelims, Semifinals and Finals.

We've consulted with our content delivery provider and have come to a conclusion on the matter. Please let us know should you encounter any issues this week during Championships. We do not expect interruptions in said upcoming events. We greatly appreciate your support and patience with the Buffalo broadcast.

Sincerely,

Trina

Support@TheFanNetwork.org L1

Drum Corps International

Edited by ashevillemurphy

Since they are fully aware of the debacle, I didn't pile on but got right to the point and asked for a refund.

Granny you have a full season package for the FN (right)?

How much did they refund?

I did the full season $69 back in May. I insisted on, and received, a $20 refund after last night. In the absence of a general refund issued by DCI to all FN subscribers, I strongly suggest everyone do the same.

Yes, it sucked big timed, but I did not and will not ask for a refund. I'd rather DCI keep the $20 and use it to put a better product on the field in the future. I honestly purchase FN more for the video on demand the ability to watch/listen at any time during the year.

The only thing that bothers me about the entire situation is that DCI is sending the same vague, canned response to every one and isn't facing the problem in public with a release on their website.

• Like 2

1375819814[/url]' post='3303734']

Yes, it sucked big timed, but I did not and will not ask for a refund. I'd rather DCI keep the $20 and use it to put a better product on the field in the future. I honestly purchase FN more for the video on demand the ability to watch/listen at any time during the year.

The only thing that bothers me about the entire situation is that DCI is sending the same vague, canned response to every one and isn't facing the problem in public with a release on their website.

I replied to the generic response and just received this "I can ensure you that we desire to put out the best quality broadcasts for you as well as all the supporters of The Fan Network and DCI. However, we are offering a $10 refund for all the problems that occurred with the Buffalo broadcast; I can apply that refund if you could please send me the email address that is associated with your Fan Network account.

Sincerely,

Trina "