TOC Fiasco on the FN

They are sending me a grand $10.00 refund for the poor feed last night. Still not copping for finals.

• Like 1

I'm still in for the finals broadcast.

I've been an FN subscriber since it was ever offered. We've seen bad FN broadcasts before - I seem to remember one event where the broadcast cut out and the rest of the show wasn't available.

I am not making excuses for last night. That was pretty bad and this many years into FN it really shouldn't happen. But come Sunday, this season is over and it's another 10 months to get my fix of an activity that I love.

I'll say this....with all the crappy broadcast going on last night, I did enjoy one thing - reading some of your posts here on DCP. Some of you have a wicked sense of humor!

• Like 2

Should all FN subscribers do it even if they didn't watch or had no intention of ever watching this particular feed?

I think if the advertised multi-cam Buffalo show was part of your decision to purchase your package, and you did in fact try to watch the horrid broadcast and were shocked that you were paying for the POS, then by all means request a refund. I asked for a prorated refund this morning on FN Support but haven't heard back yet. If I get ($20/$220)*$69 = $6.27 refunded then that is fair.

I should ask for a free pass to watch Finals as compensation for the emotional pain & suffering I experienced ;-)

Just wondering if anyone has heard from DCI regarding the abject fiasco last night on the FN?

I am completely satisfied with DCI's prompt reply.

Here was the reply from DCI today:

"Hello (name),

I completely understand your frustration and we sincerely apologize for the quality of broadcast at Buffalo's event on August 5th. The circumstance that occurred is an isolated incident, and will not be carried over into the Championship broadcasts for Prelims, Semifinals and Finals.

We've consulted with our content delivery provider and have come to a conclusion on the matter. Please let us know should you encounter any issues this week during Championships. We do not expect interruptions in said upcoming events. We greatly appreciate your support and patience with the Buffalo broadcast.

Sincerely,

Trina

Support@TheFanNetwork.org L1

Drum Corps International "

Here was my support request:

I am sure you have heard by now that the Buffalo broadcast was REAL bad. That is poor audio quality and just awful and embarrassing video closeups. I've been a fan-network subscriber since the beginning and that was absolutely horrendous. I am starting to wonder if we are going to have similar problems for the finals broadcast? The audio and video crew this season has been sub par. You really need to hire back whoever was handling things previously and pay them DOUBLE.

edit: I would just like to add that I did not request a refund as I have the annual subscription.

Edited by Liahona