Did you purchase the 2013 Finals Broadcast?

2013 DCI Finals Broadcast  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Did you purchase the 2013 Finals Broadcast?

• Yes
    • No and have no plans to.
    • Still Undecided
  2. 2. Whether or not you purchased the broadcast, which view do you prefer, in general?

• High Camera
    • Multi-Camera (Assuming it's not like the Buffalo fiasco)
    • No Preference/I switch between both

I'm too broke to shell out the extra $50 for finals. Certainly seems worth it though!

Anyone read anywhere if they are planning to still show the results announcements on Saturday night live like they've done the last couple of years even if you've not purchased the finals stream / DVD blueray package?

I spent 70 for the Fan Network (and watched all but 2 Live broadcasts), 230 for 5 tix to Crown's TOC Show, 400 for 5 tix to DCI East both Fri and Sat, another 200 for 3 tix to the Cadets TOC show, and I don't even know how much for gas and food driving from SC up to and all over PA watching rehearsals and shows for a few days.

All of the shows are fantastic, the kids are incredible and extremely talented performers - drum corps is AWESOME!!!

The seasons pass/end too quickly [quicker as I get older], so I have no problem dropping another 50 to scrape out a little more time being "a part of" the Final performances of 2013, and "teleporting" to Indy this year.

It is a bit too pricey. I wish they gave it the full production w/overlays and announcing team. I also do not trust quality of Fan Network software.

I prefer multicam, because you understand more about the show's impact points from that view.

I am thinking they are using a completely different system/infrastructure than the FN--I'm thinking immensely more reliable servers and higher quality streams. I believe they are even broadcasting the entrance tunnel on youtube and from my understanding, FN is not integrated with YouTube in any way which brought me to think that it's going to be on a different system.

I subscribe to the fan network mainly for the live webcasts, but honestly I watched maybe 3 shows early in the season, There just weren't enough shows to get me to sit in front of the TV for 5 hours to watch. I already get Semis included with the fan network. Why pay $50 more to watch the same shows the next night at finals? Madison, SCV & Crown are about the only shows that keep my interest anyway.

IMHO, the FN's use of flash player is one of the ongoing negatives related to the quality and consistency of their video. Flash can be integrated effectively.....the Berlin Phil has their fabulous Digital Concert Hall as a splendid example.

I agree, but they have to use what their chosen Vendor ( Brightcove) supports. They can not host the videos and take care of the bandwidth needs in house, so they must use a service like this. Actually, I think Brightcove may now support HTML5 video, so I'm not sure what the hangup is; I'm not keeping as current on all that area of techy stuff as I should, I guess...