Have I missed something

He usually does the full three days.... doesn't he?

I thought he did all three days, I hear it's just finals night.....

I'm sure he was there on all three days last year, I really don't remember the other guy at all.

As long as no one's cellphone is going off near the announcer's microphone this year! Someone's was ringing clear as day during Crown's finals announcement last year. I'm sure it's been scrubbed off of any official recordings (DVD, CD, FN), but you could hear it on the stream, judge's tapes, etc, and I bet you could find it on the site that must not be named... :ph34r:/>

Edited by CrownStarr

It all started the day he refused to use the word "the" in corps introductions, even when it's part of the corps name traditionally.

I take it you are stating this tongue-in-cheek, because as far back as I can remember he has always growled "The" when announcing The Cavaliers.

It all started the day he refused to use the word "the" in corps introductions, even when it's part of the corps name traditionally.

Whatever. Unless he literally vomits on the mic, he can do no wrong in my book.

From listening to DCI recordings as a wee one, to hearing him introduce my corps on the field, I have too much fondness for the man.

• Like 2

Whatever. Unless he literally vomits on the mic, he can do no wrong in my book.

From listening to DCI recordings as a wee one, to hearing him introduce my corps on the field, I have too much fondness for the man.

I think everyone is fond of him, but like anyone who's been in any profession for a long time, he has lost his touch and ability to a certain extent. There comes a time to make a change in all things. He's definitely had his time and has done fabulous work, but IMO I feel it's time for a change.

I imagine, however, that he will be calling Finals is nothing else.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

I really like this guy they have right now, energetic and articulate. Anybody have a name?