Have I missed something

I just got word.... Brandt has fallen ill.

Before you ask.... no I'm not joking.

I hope it isn't serious.

I take it you are stating this tongue-in-cheek, because as far back as I can remember he has always growled "The" when announcing The Cavaliers.

He hasn't of late. It's just "Drum Corps International is proud to present, Cavaliers" or however it goes. They all do it now for some reason, it's not just Brandt.

and, of course, I think we all wish him a speedy recovery if he is ill. That's no fun! There is no doubt that Brandt was the MAIN MAN for many years with DCI show announcing. Many of us have grown up hearing his voice and he always made us feel right at home.

I think everyone is fond of him, but like anyone who's been in any profession for a long time, he has lost his touch and ability to a certain extent. There comes a time to make a change in all things. He's definitely had his time and has done fabulous work, but IMO I feel it's time for a change.

I imagine, however, that he will be calling Finals is nothing else.

You are completely right.

There's too many examples of people who latch on to a gig longer than they should (one being Mpls. Star Tribune sports columnist Sid Hartman, who should have retired 30 years ago ... that guy is terrible).

But the illogical part of me wants him to stay anyway. Besides, it's the voice of DCI we're talking about, not Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

PS: I really hope this rumored illness isn't serious. Hopefully he'll be back and healthy enough to announce and beat up FlamMan.

• Like 1

1375987957[/url]' post='3305478']

Is it Dan filling in today? He'd seem like the logical choice.

Mike

It's Brad Bell.

He has been an announcer for WGI Regionals and Finals and other shows like the All Star Review in Bowling Green. He's a great guy and announcer too.

It's not just announcing anymore. One has to be coached by corps staff as to the correct timing and verbage of the announcement.

It adds nothing.

I wish we would go back to "Drum Majors - is your corps ready?"

"So-and-so, you may enter the field of competition."

• Like 6

They should give Ryan Turner a go if and when Brandt retires.

It's Ryan H. Turner....like Michael J. Fox. :w00t:

• Like 2