General Effect Music: Nola Jones, Ken Turner

Visual: Juno Orefice

Visual Analysis: Tim Ochran

Color Guard: Debbie Torchia

Brass: Mark McGahey

Music Analysis: Jay Kennedy

Percussion: Glenn Fugett

Thanks for this info.

Do we know what the Finals Panel is ? and final question, (so we can get the info directly ourselves ), where do you get the postings on the judging panels listings ?

So last night Martin Griffin had Crown's percussion a full point below BD and 1.1 behind Cadets.

It would have only taken .3 to put them 6th in percussion over Madison Scouts to tie BD in overall score.

If the percussion score was on par with BD and Cadets, there wouldn't be a question.

Last year, Crown slid from 3rd to 6th between QF and Finals.

Now that the slotting has been set, does Crown find a way to pull out those few extra tenths from Glenn?

(On a side note, I think a big part of what is hurting Crown's percussion score is the show design. They aren't executing it well, which is a whole other issue, but their design is just flawed. Everything revolves around the horn line and the percussion seems to not have enough moments to shine. The only thing memorable about their front ensemble is the vocals that I personally find annoying. I don't remember a single moment of front ensemble playing that wasn't overshadowed by something else going on.)

no slotting has been set, at least on that sheet. Look how tight 1-3 were. On any given Friday and Saturday.

The key is what can Crown do to improve the number. Smart money says hose, but then content goes down...but performance could jump a lot. My hunch is they'll keep on keeping on as thay have for the last two years, and well, pass the purple hankies Saturday.

The real key is if it starts hurting them in MA

Glenn will make the right call based on clarity (execution) of the ensembles tonight. My 2 cents, Cadets were SMOKIN' Thursday night, and SCV had an "off" night. While I appreciate BD's show design, I am at a loss as to why they were even in the top 3 / 4 percussion wise. Their battery tacets for 40 sexs to 1 min 30 secs at times, and they play easy "content" when on the move.

Placement Thurs should have been #1-Cadets; #2 Bluecoats (yes I am an alum, but they truly played nice Thurs); #3 SCV; #4- BD.

Unfortunately, gone are the days when perc judges (or most any judge) will "score" a corps low enough to drive them out of a "slot."

As for Marty Griffin...... he's becoming a true "artist" at slotting over the last 2-3 years.

Crown's percussion ens will make or break their title hopes.

artist at slotting? he;'s the only person yesterday to not have a single sub box tie! You have people with 10-12 sub box ties, some had 3way sub ties. Give me a break. Marty knows his ####.

• Like 1

artist at slotting? he;'s the only person yesterday to not have a single sub box tie! You have people with 10-12 sub box ties, some had 3way sub ties. Give me a break. Marty knows his ####.

Jeff - never said Marty didn't know his "stuff," however the "artist at slotting" comment was primarily due to him giving Crown the number he did. No way on a Fugett sheet (judging tonight), or Prosperie sheet (finals judge) Crown's performance last night at prelims touches an 18.

Edited by victorcoly

Jeff - never said Marty didn't know his "stuff," however the "artist at slotting" comment was primarily due to him giving Crown the number he did. No way on a Fugett sheet (judging tonight), or Prosperie sheet (finals judge) Crown's performance last night at prelims touches an 18.

Prosperie gave them 18.1 at Allentown 6 days ago. Do you really think he's likely to give a lower number at finals? Or did you think last night was a drop from where their performance was at in Allentown/Buffalo/Massillon?

3vgat5.jpg

This is what Conspiracy Keanu has to say about the situation....

• Like 2

General Effect Visual: Kyle Miller, Frank Morris

General Effect Music: Nola Jones, Ken Turner

Visual: Juno Orefice

Visual Analysis: Tim Ochran

Color Guard: Debbie Torchia

Brass: Mark McGahey

Music Analysis: Jay Kennedy

Percussion: Glenn Fugett

This does not make sense to me. Why would all judges be different but one. They should all be different. Or, at least moved to different captions. But one judge judging the same caption two days in a row, I'm sorry NO!!!

• Like 1

To be fair:

1) If Crown does win fair-and-square tomorrow night, I will post a meme, featuring Sudden Clarity Clarence.

2) If the judging is suspicious, I will post a meme, featuring McKayla Is Not Impressed.

3) If Crown (or some other corps) is jammed by the judges, I will post a meme, featuring Rage Face.

You can thank me later.

3vgat5.jpg

This is what Conspiracy Keanu has to say about the situation....

But they wont