Predictions for 2014

I mean, I think it's more of the fact that they actually have a championship now, which may inspire those interested in auditioning to go for them. I feel that the preceding year sets a MAJOR precedent for the following year in terms of recruitment. Regardless, Crown had a great year and can hopefully maintain that momentum and stay near the top for more years to come. It's been incredible watching them grow leaps and bounds over just the past 7 or so years.

Again I sort of agree with what you're saying, but wouldn't that, by definition, make these individuals you speak of ring chasers? Would they be a good fit with Crown? I'll be the first to admit that I've never marched with them, but I tend to think not.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. I can't believe I am already thinking about this. This is purely something to think about-- it'd be really dramatic from this past season!

1. Blue Devils- Blue Devils' highest score in their history playing a show with little or no gimmicks like 1930? Possibly a fan favorite? Actually rehearse like every other corp?

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats- Changes marching style and plays and amazing show? Third place brass and second place percussion?

4. The Cadets- Takes a completely different take from this year? The show will be easier but less effective? Maybe they will be the SCV of this year?

5. The Cavaliers- This year's show should attract stronger brass. Their show design will be fine.

6. Santa Clara Vanguard- Pays homage to one of their past musical show? Maybe it won't be as well received as it was in the 80s?

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Phantom Regiment- Their most talented brass head to Bluecoats? Show is kind of a miss?

9. Blue Stars- They have the talent, just need the show.

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison Scouts

12. The Troopers- Play another emotional show that the audience is really connected too.

13. Pacific Crest

14. Spirit of Atlanta

15. Oregon Crusaders

16. Crossmen

17. Mandarins

18. Colts

19. The Academy

20. The Pioneer

21. Cascades

22. Jersey Surf

• Like 1

Again I sort of agree with what you're saying, but wouldn't that, by definition, make these individuals you speak of ring chasers? Would they be a good fit with Crown? I'll be the first to admit that I've never marched with them, but I tend to think not.

I mean, it's sad, but they're definitely out there. I DO agree with what you're saying though and hope that Crown doesn't fall for ring-chasing.

Yeah, that's not how that works. People hate BD because they perform boring shows and pander to the judging sheets. If they went out and threw down everyone would still love them, even if they were undefeated for 5+ years. Pleasing the crowd and earning high scores don't have to be mutually exclusive. It's amazing that the staff in Concord can't figure that out. They could have their cake and eat it too...

History proves otherwise.

• Like 1

Because why not.

1. Vanguard. A lot of returning members. And we know they have the staff to make a championship show. Why not zoidberg? And why not now?

2. Crown. Kickin A and taking names. Makes a more balanced show featuring a pretty good drumline. Wont win percussion but wont be inthe 18s at finals.

3. BD. Comes out with a better show. I get the idea that they always come out and dominate after they lose, but im not convinced last years show for them was great anyway. They will try too hard to design their show.

4. Blooooooo. Please make a show that doesnt fizzle at the end. The first half of their last 4 shows have been GREAT the second half has been meh to me. Make a more full show and better drill and i see them pushing into 4th with another late season push.

5. Cadets. Somewhat inconsistent from season to season. I see them dropping to 5th but being tight with bloo.

6. Boston. Vouuuuuuuuuu will be the new chant. As TV takes over they jump back onto disc one with a more abstract show than their previous years. But not BK abstract.

7. Phantom Rrrrregiment. Struggles to move on without Dean. Percussion doesnt get any better.

8. Madison. Because we all want it.

9. BK. Less abstract, more playing, fun show.

10. Cavies. I don't want to be mean but they need some help visually and musically in every way.

11. Blue Stars. Are back and not backing down.

12. Tie with spirit and troopers. Because why not.

• Like 4

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. I can't believe I am already thinking about this. This is purely something to think about-- it'd be really dramatic from this past season!

1. Blue Devils- Blue Devils' highest score in their history playing a show with little or no gimmicks like 1930? Possibly a fan favorite? Actually rehearse like every other corp?

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats- Changes marching style and plays and amazing show? Third place brass and second place percussion?

4. The Cadets- Takes a completely different take from this year? The show will be easier but less effective? Maybe they will be the SCV of this year?

5. The Cavaliers- This year's show should attract stronger brass. Their show design will be fine.

6. Santa Clara Vanguard- Pays homage to one of their past musical show? Maybe it won't be as well received as it was in the 80s?

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Phantom Regiment- Their most talented brass head to Bluecoats? Show is kind of a miss?

9. Blue Stars- They have the talent, just need the show.

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison Scouts

12. The Troopers- Play another emotional show that the audience is really connected too.

13. Pacific Crest

14. Spirit of Atlanta

15. Oregon Crusaders

16. Crossmen

17. Mandarins

18. Colts

19. The Academy

20. The Pioneer

21. Cascades

22. Jersey Surf

Keep in mind The Glassmen are coming back next year. It'll be interesting to see how the year off effects them. my guess is they lose alot of past members/recruits, but at the same time have a very well designed show. Heck, they'll end up having 21 months to think about it. I predict they'll get 15th place.

• Like 1