Really? What's the message here?

Pardon me but year after year during the years I marched and post, extreme rule changes were submitted by him. If you don't think amps are extreme I don't know what else to say and can't expect a Cadet alumnus to understand.

Amps are hardly extreme, nor are electronics. The corps staffs had wanted them for a decade prior to their passing, actually. I'm a Cadet alum from 1970-1972; how is that at all relevant to this?

• Like 1

Stu,

When he gives is speeches, lectures etc, he's in salesman mode. And if you want to be good in sales, you have to have some narcissism in there. I know, I'm in sales.

:tongue:/>/>

Remember when George is talking, it's all about the Cadets,....which is why everything in YEA exists...to further the Cadets. C2...to grow the Cadets. USBands or whatever it's name is this year.....those bands pay a ton of money...don't think the judges see even half of it...where does it go? The Cadets. So while Hop is "preaching" as people call it, you have to k now the bottom line is he is selling you The Cadets.

It's like the preacher on Sunday. he's selling you his version of God, and hey, please put $20 in the offering plate when it goes around. Well, Hop's goal is to fund the Cadets, and all of the other entities are set up to support that mission.

Hopkins, though not Irish, exhibits the exact same philosophy of the 'Stephen' character in the movie Braveheart:

Stephen: [talking to the sky] "Alright, Father, I'll ask him."

Hamish: "Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?"

Stephen: "In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."

Hamish: "What are the Irish doing fighting with the English?"

Stephen: "I wouldn't worry about them. Didn't I tell ya before? It's my island."

William Wallace: "Your island?"

Stephen: "My island! Yup; I own it"

I'm not a cat person.

No, I'm afraid you're wrong. After seeing Hop pacing on Thursday night I made it a point on Friday and Saturday to watch the sidelines for any staff pacing as George does. I saw no one - not a single director - pacing just off the sideline.

(I saw Bob Jacobs in the stands in row one with his feet up and his arm across the seat next to him, obviously enjoying all that his kids produced.)

The only other staff display I could find was the guy from BAC (who got some negative press here a couple of weeks back) standing at the top of the 100's section, flailing his arms around and screaming at the top of his lungs (as if his corps could either see or hear him!).

George is the only staff member I saw who paced the sidelines like a zoo animal testing his cage for weakness. One person from the crowd around me commented that he looked like a hippy going in for his first job interview and practicing his lines outside the office door.

ive spent the summer ( most of it ) on tour and saw many....but either way ...SO!...... people who constantly talk about this man...especially for petty stuff only feed into exactly what he wants...attention...i say who the heck cares........most dont......................now i'll here ...oh yes...3000 people around me told me so :rolleyes: oh well congrats HOP you dont even have to try on this one....lol :smile:

Now back to the topic of social media...yes he needs to button it up..just like most corps tell their members

Edited by GUARDLING

Amps are hardly extreme, nor are electronics. The corps staffs had wanted them for a decade prior to their passing, actually. I'm a Cadet alum from 1970-1972; how is that at all relevant to this?

It's pointless arguing this topic with someone who thinks amps/electronics as 'hardly extreme'.

no need to joke, I'll not be sending a resume there.

But here's the other thing...Hop has NEVER been afraid to come right and discuss his feelings on judging. EVER. Remember the great GE rants from how long ago?

The beauty of George is he says whats on his mind, and he doesn't mince words. The problem is that usually gets him into trouble.

youre right and he doesnt care...........and with all the rants on here about judging one would think coming from a director would be a good thing....someone actually involved with a vested interest. If we disagree or not

I don't know George Hopkins. Never heard of him until a couple of weeks ago. But the man needs a muzzle. :doh:/>

I agree with the interpretation of TerriTrouper and cavies 95.

• Like 1

I am older than George, and I have a FB page. I know many people in their 60's and beyond that have FB pages. My daughter-in-law's grandmother, about 86 years old, has a FB page. What does "advanced age" have to do with having a FB page?

Did your sense-of-humor well run dry?

It's relevant in that you're a product of your background, and one of those things is you tend to see things drum corps thru maroon colored glasses?