6th place drumline

If Brass judges weren't afraid to put the spreads up that drum judges are, or maybe it is that the drum judge was trying to control the whole situation, then Crown would've still won. Sorry but their brass section is FAR superior to everyone else more than their drumline is behind.

SO at the end of the day the Champion was the correct one.

Also how does BD get visual score credit when there are very few forms and it is just pods and props?? Hmmmm oh wait nobody on the BD side is talking about visual because then they aren't doint anything.....

I felt Crown and SCV were the closest to drum and bugle corps and "Marching" music than the other top 4 participants.

All the kids did a great job with what they were given.

• Like 3

If Brass judges weren't afraid to put the spreads up that drum judges are, or maybe it is that the drum judge was trying to control the whole situation, then Crown would've still won. Sorry but their brass section is FAR superior to everyone else more than their drumline is behind.

SO at the end of the day the Champion was the correct one.

Also how does BD get visual score credit when there are very few forms and it is just pods and props?? Hmmmm oh wait nobody on the BD side is talking about visual because then they aren't doint anything.....

I felt Crown and SCV were the closest to drum and bugle corps and "Marching" music than the other top 4 participants.

All the kids did a great job with what they were given.

Ok, one more, then I am done:

BDs show is FAR more than "pods and props". Period. Plus, those props ADD to the visual challenge. A person who is smarter than I when it comes to these things said repeatedly during the season that the Cadets would have been right there with Crown and BD were it not for the boxes, because the boxes were never really clean when moving. Cadets had 16 boxes. BD had 100 poles. 100 poles that had to be lined up perfectly, every time, by different members. BDs "blobs" often marched through those 100 poles at strict intervals. In fact, IMO, the poles may have cost them the title, because I saw (on the FN Feed) at least twice where members hit the poles on moves, something that I had not seen all year. Also, a lot of those "pods" were VERY tickable, as they had very exposed diagonals.

Madison's ultimate GE move for the last few years has been their spinning company front. It's an awesome move, and the crowd generally eats it up. At one point in their show, BD has three spinning fronts. It's almost a throw-away section, and no one seems to care. Yet they execute it flawlessly. BD also has several forms that span the entire field, including an arc from the 10 to the 10, off center, which they push forward through the poles.

Finally, I don't know that there are many sets throughout the show where Crown's brassline is behind the front hash, much less the back hash. BD has a ridiculously hard trumpet feature with the horns outside the 40 at the back hash, and it, too, is pretty flawless. Now, this isn't a knock on Crown, because their show was simply incredible.

Look, the best corps won on Saturday. What I don't understand is the folks who can't be happy that their team won, but STILL have to bag on BD. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Peace.

• Like 3

Who said anything about a conspiracy but, YOU? Nice try hijacker. I simply said that the GOO gets too many points. Besides, I saw them in Round Rock and they were as dirty then as I'm sure they were in INDY. IMO, not deserving of the title as an overall drum and brass corps. It's an insult to the judging system.

Now if you want to talk conspiracy, explain the 19.2 they got from Fugget in semis.

P.S. Any synth is too much synth.

Lol, this says it all. You didn't even see the performance you are ranting about?

@ OrlandoContraAlum - Hey man, can you take that advertisement out of your signature file? That's a bit odd. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Edited by cavie95
  • Like 1

@ OrlandoContraAlum - Hey man, can you take that advertisement out of your signature file? That's a bit odd. Sorry for the thread hijack.

No, no, no - read the description in the ad - that's why it's there. (Seriously - took me months to get it.)

Mike

• Like 1

Sorry, I can't. It's been there for 5 years. If you don't get it, ask yourself where you would want YOUR Mediterranean Chicken to be plucked from.

No, no, no - read the description in the ad - that's why it's there. (Seriously - took me months to get it.)

Mike

Exactly. And it was a real ad, which is why it's my sig.

Lol, this says it all. You didn't even see the performance you are ranting about?

You are surprised by this? :tongue: