what corps are you auditioning for for the 2014 season?

I know its a tad bit early but what corp or corps are you auditioning for in the fall and on what instrument? I'm auditioning for the bluecoats (my dream corp) on bari/euph. I don't plan on making it this year and its more for experience but I'm not going to just crap all over it either!!

I won't be, but my baby girl (well, not so much anymore sad.gif ) has her mind set on Vanguard Cadets.

• Like 3

Great avatar, rancid. Ska! Ska! Ska!

• Like 1

I don't know what your money and logistics situations are, but the best thing you can do to make Bluecoats in the future would be to spend a summer marching drum corps.

as for the topic, I'm relegated to the Couchmen.

I wanted to do a summer with crossmen, troopers, or Oregon crusaders but I live in Ohio and I don't really have the funds to travel once a month. I barely have the funds to even join a corp. Glassmen is inactive right now so I can't even consider them either so I'm kind of stuck.

Still split between Troopers and Blue Stars. Still leaning towards Troopers. Here's why:

It's within my maximum driving distance, I just cannot afford flights for my audition and then for camps. Too much.

An acquaintance of mine told me that Blue Stars front ensemble had zero ageouts in the front ensemble. Pretty intimidating. Although if this was the only reason I would still be going to an audition for them.

I've always really enjoyed the Troopers, I love 2009s show and 2011 is my favorite from them (this year a close 2nd). They have a great identity that they really rediscovered this year and I've only heard amazing things about how they treat their members.

The first reason is probably reason #1, that's what kept me from it last year, and I'm in a good place right now in that aspect. Blue Stars would cost A LOT more for me and drain my bank account pretty quick. And no, I'm not jumping on the Troopers are pretty awesome this year bandwagon, the 2011 show still remains my favorite Troopers show (This is year is a close second) and I loved them in 2009. Not a chaser based on placement. I really enjoy them and I can afford it, both together, makes for a great option.

I'm not cocky or arrogant, but I'm planning on making it. Have practiced fundemantals out the butt this summer and am going to continue to do so. I want it and I can get it. Last few years I knew in the back of my mind it wasn't going to happen. But I have a job and I think I'm pretty good. I'm not taking no for an answer if it's in my control. Whatever their decision, is fine with me But I'm going in to offer the best I can. :cool:

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 6

Still split between Troopers and Blue Stars. Still leaning towards Troopers. Here's why:

It's within my maximum driving distance, I just cannot afford flights for my audition and then for camps. Too much.

An acquaintance of mine told me that Blue Stars front ensemble had zero ageouts in the front ensemble. Pretty intimidating. Although if this was the only reason I would still be going to an audition for them.

I've always really enjoyed the Troopers, I love 2009s show and 2011 is my favorite from them (this year a close 2nd). They have a great identity that they really rediscovered this year and I've only heard amazing things about how they treat their members.

The first reason is probably reason #1, that's what kept me from it last year, and I'm in a good place right now in that aspect. Blue Stars would cost A LOT more for me and drain my bank account pretty quick. And no, I'm not jumping on the Troopers are pretty awesome this year bandwagon, the 2011 show still remains my favorite Troopers show (This is year is a close second) and I loved them in 2009. Not a chaser based on placement. I really enjoy them and I can afford it, both together, makes for a great option.

I'm not cocky or arrogant, but I'm planning on making it. Have practiced fundemantals out the butt this summer and am going to continue to do so. I want it and I can get it. Last few years I knew in the back of my mind it wasn't going to happen. But I have a job and I think I'm pretty good. I'm not taking no for an answer if it's in my control. Whatever their decision, is fine with me But I'm going in to offer the best I can. :cool:/>/>

we'll miss all your posts...lol..actually you have pretty good insight for someone who hasn't done this..I do mean that as a compliment...goood luck......just do it!

I've been involved alot in the auditiong process and confidence is great..also listen , shine, be willing OH and ability to pay up will help also..lol :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

we'll miss all your posts...lol..actually you have pretty good insight for someone who hasn't done this..I do mean that as a compliment...goood luck......just do it!

Thanks. I like to think I'm more educated than a high school bando that thinks they know errything and they actually known nothing (I was one too! We all were at some point). I have lots of drum corps friends, they've educated me pretty well. I'm not afraid to ask what I need to know. Or so I hope to believe. :music: I still have lots to learn though.

Edited by DrumManTx