Recommend shows that have never been done!

SCV or Phantom or BK should use the first of Mahler's "Kindertotenlieder." Just to make everyone feel on edge for a good 12 minutes.

• Like 1

SCV or Phantom or BK should use the first of Mahler's "Kindertotenlieder." Just to make everyone feel on edge for a good 12 minutes.

Judging from the reactions on DCP I think BD had people on edge this year...

Here's one for Pioneer:

The Troubles: West Belfast Story

Use music from Irish punk and rock bands of the era

I.E-

U2 "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"

The Pogues "The Birmingham Six/The Streets of Sorrow"

Dubliners "A Nation Once Again"

Would be a good show

• Like 1

My annual request for PR to do Janacek's "Sinfonietta". smile.gif/>

I agree and would expand the program ( shall we call it "Czech-Mates" ?) to include selections from Dvorak, Mahler and Smetana, all of whom were born in what is now part of the Czech Republic.

Another suggestion is Robert Schumann's Symphony No. 4 ( the 1851 revision ).

Or how about a program built on Bartok's Mykrokosmos. I have not listened to all 156 piano pieces but loved the Ostinato selection that ended PR's 2003 Harmonic Journey program.

Lastly ( maybe ), what about mining all of Edward Elgar's Enigma Variations and add the results to Nimrod?

Shostakovich's prelude for piano op.34 no.14. I would die to see Phantom do this at some point. I can just imagine the goosebumps :worthy: :worthy:

Super Mario Brothers

Completely agree with the suggestion of video game music. I thought Madison had success with their arrangements this past season. I'd really like to see music from some of the franchises of video games though--it'd be cool to hear them in DCI (they'd have to be really arranged well though for it to work).

Also, I would LOVE to see Ocean by John Butler be worked into a show...I enjoy seeing how arrangements turn out from guitar/piano solos. And that piece is just so awesome.

I was thinking about this again the other day, and was reminded of the Metal Gear Solid series. A great game, with good music, I think this could have some potential in a show (specifically from 2:00-3:30)

Edited by How_Will_It_End?