Championships 2014

At the horseshoe! Buckeye Stadium!

(Well, I can dream about seeing all the rehearsals, all the operations, and all the shows just 15 minutes down the road can't I??)

Already made my 2014 reservations at the KOA campground in Indy.

No Horseshoe! Wouldn't mind if they put it in the Big House though. :tongue: GO BLUE!

I don't mind that you think Lucas Oil Stadium is "crappy" or that you hate the acoustics. (Where I sit, the sound couldn't be better and I've heard good things from many others...or else they've just gotten used to it.) I also don't mind that some would prefer we be outside, despite the possibility of weather cancellation. (We used to have rain days scheduled in for Finals...the day after...because back then, corps members still took buses home and VERY few members yet flew home. I know that's hard to believe for many.)

What I do mind is the reference to Lucas Oil Stadium as a "dome." It's not. Call it "enclosed," "indoor" or "roofed," but it's not a dome. That's a distinction some might not find worthy of making, I'm sure, but it's one of my personal pet peeves and if I'm cool with others having pet peeves, I've got to be cool with myself having them as well.

So, for those following along...

"Bluecoats" is one word.

"Drumline" should be two words, but since "Drumline Battle" chose to be swayed by the only movie I've seen through which I could drive a truck between the rudiments, I've given up my own personal battle.

"Phantom Regiment" may be shortened to "Regiment," but not "Phantom." That's the preference of the members and I know even their guard could take me if I slipped up.

"Bluecoats" is one word.

"BAC" (shortened from "Boston Area Crusaders") is short for "Boston Crusaders," but "BC" only refers to the time when "George Hopkins" wasn't yet a stock answer for "Drum Corps Jeopardy."

I hate seeing "SOA" as the abbreviation for "Spirit of Atlanta" because when one spells out the entire name, the "O" isn't capitalized.

Using the initials of Blue Stars' Latin motto to identify the corps only makes someone come across like a dweeb.

Writing "CC" for Carolina Crown just looks weird. "Crown" is an acceptable abbreviation. "MS" in place of "Madison Scouts" also looks weird, as does "VC" for "Vanguard Cadets." I think the latter is due to the abbreviation for their parent corps having the "V" and "C" reversed.

"Bluecoats" is one word.

"X-men" takes as much effort to write as "Crossmen." What's the point?

"BK" for "Blue Knights" sounds like one is going to Burger King for lunch.

"Troop" is only three letters shorter that writing "Troopers." But since their guard sergeant could take me in a dark alley, I'm letting this one slide.

I've seen people abbreviate "Pioneer" as "Pio." I mean...really?

"Bluecoats" is one word.

Well the Phantomettes (their term, not my origin; cf. their Fb page) thrashing Michael Boo on the 50 and then tag teaming with the Trooper's guard sgt. (the one in the white uni this year?) would certainly sell out LOS and bring loads of revenue to "the activity," don't ya think?

Only question is would we need a full panel or a short panel to declare the winner?

• Like 1

Well the Phantomettes (their term, not my origin; cf. their Fb page) thrashing Michael Boo on the 50 and then tag teaming with the Trooper's guard sgt. (the one in the white uni this year?) would certainly sell out LOS and bring loads of revenue to "the activity," don't ya think?

Only question is would we need a full panel or a short panel to declare the winner?

They'd both be declared co-champions.

They'd both be declared co-champions.

no ties in drum corps! Make the judges decide!!!

• Like 1

Not a bad way to go, really...

Is it true? Michael Boo is actually volunteering to be the next victim who gets deprived of life in the 2014 Phantom.......................Regiment show?!?!?!!!

I prefer watching the videos from Lucas Oil. Not so much live. The lighting is real bright for the cameras and if I'm too high I can't hear, if I'm too low I can't see.

It's the same with watching the Met Opera or Berlin Phil (in which I highly recommend you get a subscription to). The cameras will always have the best seat in the house and the microphones will be in the optimum place. You don't get quite the energy of the live performance, but you'd have to have a box seats to match the visual and audio.

I prefer watching the videos from Lucas Oil. Not so much live. The lighting is real bright for the cameras and if I'm too high I can't hear, if I'm too low I can't see.

It's the same with watching the Met Opera or Berlin Phil (in which I highly recommend you get a subscription to). The cameras will always have the best seat in the house and the microphones will be in the optimum place. You don't get quite the energy of the live performance, but you'd have to have a box seats to match the visual and audio.

Nicely said. I agree: LOS is pretty disappointing as a live venue, but it's allowed DCI to do streaming/videos of great quality. I'm glad they've finally streamed finals - the revenue from a high quality stream is a great way to compensate for mediocre Indy attendance.

Hammondbrass and Short and Fast...

Your fine posts might be even better on the thread about sound in LOS (regardless of the year.) I think it is called "Is this what it sounds like?)

Thanks.