Sad News from Music City

The OC directors have no vote, no say, whatsoever as it applies to DCI; OC directors are only allowed to vote on things concerning a little portion of their little corner; that is after the WC corps dictate to them what choices they have to choose from. Who is to blame? That is the way the WC directors want it to be; and the WC directors are the only ones with the power to change anything.

youre missing the point of FILL SEATS instead of talking about the wrongsdone to OC..that will speak volumes......( didnt mean you ,...meant in general )..lol

Could the Open Class Corps break away and start their own circuit?

i suppose anything can be done..there was a time as Im sure you remember a very few corps broke off and the rest is history..................now would it change support for OC well I dont know But I can tell you with all the talk about support you certainly do not see it in the stands....easy to talk...harder to do :smile:

I'm in the stands for the first corps at all the shows I go to, granted there aren't very many around me.

Was that you sitting about six or eight rows up in the stands in the morning? :smile:/>

Edited by Mellofello01

I couldnt agree more and its great you continue to support. If more people STOPPED talking anD blaming others and did they same DCI..WC...everyone for that matter would have to look very different at OC................................WGI FINALLY after quite a while KNOWS or should KNOW..Schlolastic A class is the money maker especially in fees.....not WC ..although same there people will run for the best of the best only and leave the step children behind...i guess it's only natural in many cases BUT then dont complain and point fingers UNLESS you are atrempting to do something about it....jmo :smile:/>/>/>

I wish more people would support the Open Class corps. Most of their shows are very entertaining, even if they aren't the most proficiently performed, the kids are learning and having a lot of fun with it. Guess it's easier for people to just blame DCI instead of asking what they can be doing to help out.

The OC directors have no vote, no say, whatsoever as it applies to DCI; OC directors are only allowed to vote on things concerning a little portion of their little corner; that is after the WC corps dictate to them what choices they have to choose from. Who is to blame? That is the way the WC directors want it to be; and the WC directors are the only ones with the power to change anything.

Since you're clearly in on all of the DCI meetings, can you find out how George Hopkins keeps his mullet looking so good? I mean, since you're obviously in the room, you must know these things.

Could the Open Class Corps break away and start their own circuit?

Sure they could, but they would need to design their own entire company, with many forms of income coming in like DCI has, and would have to pretty much build from scratch without support from DCI.

Sure they could, but they would need to design their own entire company, with many forms of income coming in like DCI has, and would have to pretty much build from scratch without support from DCI.

I don't know. If I'm disgruntled and in charge of a corps (are you listening Keith?).....I get on the phone and call everyone and say - "hey, this sucks being the ugly, bucked tooth, redhead stepchild. Let's start our own organization and circuit that will make our organizations function and affordable". Throw up the website, a fan network, and make a model work. If a DC-whatever formed - especially if it's a "rebellion league" against DCI, I think I'd get behind it if it's purpose was to do what DCI isn't doing for the drum corps community.

• Like 1

I don't know. If I'm disgruntled and in charge of a corps (are you listening Keith?).....I get on the phone and call everyone and say - "hey, this sucks being the ugly, bucked tooth, redhead stepchild. Let's start our own organization and circuit that will make our organizations function and affordable". Throw up the website, a fan network, and make a model work. If a DC-whatever formed - especially if it's a "rebellion league" against DCI, I think I'd get behind it if it's purpose was to do what DCI isn't doing for the drum corps community.

Where would the money come from though? To host shows, pay for this fan network, pay for Finals? It has to come from somewhere. Most corps barely have enough money to stay on the road, and some don't. Where are they going to find all of this spare change to start another circuit outside of DCI? Couch cushions? Pockets of their jeans?