Electronics in DCA

The DCA has just announced that each corps will also be required to have six extra mikes in the pit. One for the narrator, one for a rapper and the remaining four for a vocal quartet. This will go far in maximizing the marching brass band experience.

• Like 3

The DCA has just announced that each corps will also be required to have six extra mikes in the pit. One for the narrator, one for a rapper and the remaining four for a vocal quartet. This will go far in maximizing the marching brass band experience.

Nothing like propaganda to really stir the pot.....

• Like 3

Considering their limited use in modern percussion front ensembles as well as never being referred to by that name, my question had nothing to do with what one actually was. :laughing:

But I guess you missed the irony in that while you were busy trying to come up with ways to insult modern corps more....

• Like 2

Now that its passed in DCA let the arguments and the spin begin.

Go!

And in other breaking news:

World War II has ended. :tongue:

Seriously... I'm guessing that this a thread best saved for the upcoming off-season, since the rule is not in effect for the remainder of this season.

• Like 4

:rolleyes:/>

And in other breaking news:

World War II has ended. :tongue:/>

And Francisco Franco is still dead.

:devil:

And Francisco Franco is still dead.

:devil:/>

"Still Dead":

So is Nessarose Throp, the Wicked Witch of the East.

Thanks for nothin' Ms Dorothy Gale......:))

Elphaba

And Legal Eagle, I guess you missed the irony in my post as well. The fact is that "drum corps" has moved further and further away from resembling drum corps. As you know, most modern "drum corps" utilize 3 to 4 valve brass instruments which are commonly used by marching and brass bands and they are certainly not bugles. I hope that someday soon "drum corps" will be referred to as marching brass bands so we can finally lay drum corps to rest as it died years ago. Can't wait to be attacked for this one!!!

• Like 3