Scranton Show

But this was the "clean" laundry. The dirty stuff isn't ready yet. (Videos and photos are currently in production).

P.S. You think you know Fran Haring pretty well, don't ya.

Let's go to the videotape.

You know what's sad...

Back in the 50 and 60's, the Sunrisers were on the cutting edge of everything...they were the ones that set the standards of what we know as Drum Corps today. They were one of the most innovative drum corps of their time...not only in DCA but in ALL of Drum Corps! Some of these innovations are what lured me to march with them for first 7 years of my 32 year marching career!

Now, God Forbid, you have any "New School" changes, these "old timers" from the 50's and 60's don't want any part of it, almost to the point of trashing anyone envolved with current day Drum Corps!!

Sad....very sad!!!

And please...this has NOTHING to do with the Current Day Sunrisers. They have been doing GREAT, and I applaud them for doing what they are doing! I wish them nothing but the best of luck heading into Championship weekend, and I really do hope they get one of those finalist spots!! After all, they are my former team!!

go over tho the DCI side...this is a walk in the park.....unfortunately.......but youre right

makes ya wonder, don't it? Lower corps aren't moving, yet getting better every week.

...seems the judging community cannot manage numbers well enough to reward the lower-place groups for their hard work. Simple as that. Needs to be an adjustment, IMO... :thumbdown:/>

Edited by chasgroh

You know what's sad...

Back in the 50 and 60's, the Sunrisers were on the cutting edge of everything...they were the ones that set the standards of what we know as Drum Corps today. They were one of the most innovative drum corps of their time...not only in DCA but in ALL of Drum Corps! Some of these innovations are what lured me to march with them for first 7 years of my 32 year marching career!

Now, God Forbid, you have any "New School" changes, these "old timers" from the 50's and 60's don't want any part of it, almost to the point of trashing anyone envolved with current day Drum Corps!!

Sad....very sad!!!

Frank, you beat me to it. The second I read some of that, it was what I was thinking myself, and I competed against very innovative and thoughtful Sunriser corps many years ago. It was like the equivalent of the Dave Chapelle show where Rick James said he didn't stick his boots on Eddie Murphy's couch and then in the next sentence admitted it. I did the same double take. :satisfied:

Let's go to the videotape.

Everyone thinks they're Warner Wolf. :tongue: