Open Class Finals Clip reveals much

I appreciate your correction here, Mike, but one thing strikes me: we had about 2700 at our show in Dublin this year. By your own estimate, that's the same as the total for OC finals.

Even though your clarification is noteworthy (I wasn't there), I still wonder if the OP has point or two. I think he's playing a Hopkins role in the way he presents it, but I think his point is not diminished much by your correction.

You know...I was kind of wondering how come they had over 3000 people working the concessions. :tongue:

• Like 1

And here's my personal opinion. Nothing wrong with my post. The people NOT buying a ticket, NOT buying a souvenier, NOT on DCP, NOT in the stands, NOT watching on youtube are ALL saying the same thing.

I doubt it. The vast majority of people that left the activity and don't participate in any fashion anymore in the activity don't talk about Drum corps at all anymore, unless somebody else brings the topic up, and even then they won't waste more than a minute or so talking about their former hobby participation, nor its current state. They've moved on with their lives, found other hobbies that are more fulfilling for them now. Thats the intelligent thing to do it seems to me. What future joy and pleasure can there possibly be remaining cranky and unhopeful for potential joy and fulfillment in the future with a hobby ? I don't envision old time Drum Corps being able to put the toothpaste back in the tube again in the future, alumniof. Don't get messy with your fingers attempting to do the impossible and the stupid, you know ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Music City performed in front of a huge crowd at Murfreesboro and got a tremendous audience response to their terrifically entertaining program. They got more applause than this year's silver medalist, and they put on a more entertaining show, IMO, than all but three or four of the G7 who performed that same night.

Thank you Music City for years of entertaining programs. You will be sorely missed.

• Like 3

There were many other venues that were on the OC tour that had full stadiums 1500 plus and its not the score or the show that means drum corps its the journey ask any member from the 60s 70s 80s etc what score they got at any given show they will not remember but ask them about their memories and it will all come back to them same as any OC corp its the journey no differnt than WC journey its just shorter

You know...I was kind of wondering how come they had over 3000 people working the concessions. tongue.gif

Oh, duh. You were specifically referencing his comparison of fans to concession workers! I didn't take it seriously so your direct challenge didn't register with me.

Yeah, he exaggerated there, didn't he?

:blink:/>

There were many other venues that were on the OC tour that had full stadiums 1500 plus and its not the score or the show that means drum corps its the journey ask any member from the 60s 70s 80s etc what score they got at any given show they will not remember but ask them about their memories and it will all come back to them same as any OC corp its the journey no differnt than WC journey its just shorter

Would you restate this post and use some syntax please I suspect there's a point in there but I just can't find it when it's jumbled together in one long sentence

• Like 1

They seem to get a lot of posts, stir up a lot of discussion, controversy, discussion, activity.

Yeah, but most of the posts are criticizing you for being a turd, not discussion on the "issue" you bring up. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. You're not some neo-Limbaughesque enlightened dissenter just because you bring up "what others are afraid to talk about"; you're a troll, because you intentionally phrase things in an insulting, offensive manner, and you know it. That is your whole goal. :thumbdown:

• Like 5

just watched Music City drum and bugle corps on YouTube at the DCI championships. I should say open class championships. Other than the staff, volunteers, people working the event I didn't see anybody else in the stands.also, the show is clean, the kids books sharp, they worked hard, it was pleasant but very boring. its not entertaining. Yet, it's no different then what I saw at Allentown from world class corps. I feel as a fan they are not reaching me visually, musically, nor is the activity physically doing anything for me to get my attention, earn my support. it's just not entertaining.

I really think you need to stop starting threads. Indefinitely.

• Like 1

DCI did that last time the World Championships was in Madison, and it was on the same day. Less than 500 people showed up.

There's two things you should know. First, the Open Class directors are the ones who decided their championship would be in Michigan City. I was in that meeting when they decided that. Secondly, the OP was not accurate in saying there were more concession workers than audience. By the end of the evening, the stands were AT LEAST 3/4 full, in a stadium that holds over 3500.

They did Open Class Semis and Finals at Bloomington as well, and that stadium was pretty darn empty for OC Finals, which was really apparent in such a large bowl. Even when the winner performed before World Class Finals, the stadium was easily four times as full.

• Like 1