How much did CADETS TOWERS cost their final score and placement

I don't know that moving the towers around taxed the energy of the guard and all that. I'm not sure where dirty towers were ticed in the captions (I assume at least GEViz and VizAnalysis).

Perhaps guard, too -- but ignoring the towers, the guard book just wasn't that INTERESTING, and even people who know nothing about guard (me included) could see the flag dirt, especially in the closer. A sloppy-ish guard can impact GEViz and VizAnalysis, I assume. They (and their book) were good, but not great. Surrounded by great guards all around them (Regiment and Vanguard before, and BD and Crown after) makes that obvious.

So now we have the towers AND the guard impacting several captions.

I, for one, thought the corps marched extremely well. Of course, the BluRays might tell me a different story, show me what I missed.

So -- yes, the towers hurt the scores, but so did the guard (in ways I think had nothing to do with the towers).

I don't know that moving the towers around taxed the energy of the guard and all that. I'm not sure where dirty towers were ticed in the captions (I assume at least GEViz and VizAnalysis).

Perhaps guard, too -- but ignoring the towers, the guard book just wasn't that INTERESTING, and even people who know nothing about guard (me included) could see the flag dirt, especially in the closer. A sloppy-ish guard can impact GEViz and VizAnalysis, I assume. They (and their book) were good, but not great. Surrounded by great guards all around them (Regiment and Vanguard before, and BD and Crown after) makes that obvious.

So now we have the towers AND the guard impacting several captions.

I, for one, thought the corps marched extremely well. Of course, the BluRays might tell me a different story, show me what I missed.

So -- yes, the towers hurt the scores, but so did the guard (in ways I think had nothing to do with the towers).

As a guard person I will agree with Vanguard being a strong guard right before them but not Phantom. Phantoms guard was very clean very early because they weren't challenging those ladies very much. Beautiful dancers, but the equipment book was designed to be clean and stay that way. Cadets flag book was much more complex. Where cadets guard struggled was in the weapons. The new equipment while interesting to try because of the shape only offered a little in the way of new ideas and actually limited then some because of the extra curve to them. That plus a not so great finals run is probably why they ended up in fifth. The towers may have hurt Cadets Visual numbers but I don't think they did much to the guards number. Well maybe a little. Lol

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

"Man is the only Patriot. He sets himself apart in his own country, under his own flag, and sneers at the other nations, and keeps multitudinous uniformed assassins on hand at heavy expense to grab slices of other people's countries, and keep them from grabbing slices of his. And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood of his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"- with his mouth."

- Mark Twain

• Like 1