How much did CADETS TOWERS cost their final score and placement

Third was a gift. With or without the towers, it should have been fourth.

see - we all have our own opinions

I thought they should have been second - and the top 3 way further ahead of the 4th place corps

• Like 2

Cadets had way more demand than SCV. Additionally, Cadets amazing musical ensemble kept them in 3rd and the argument could be made that Cadets should have been 2nd. SCV had a nice drum corps show, nothing more, nothing less. They just simply were not on the same level as the top 3 this year.

• Like 1

Cadets had way more demand than SCV. Additionally, Cadets amazing musical ensemble kept them in 3rd and the argument could be made that Cadets should have been 2nd. SCV had a nice drum corps show, nothing more, nothing less. They just simply were not on the same level as the top 3 this year.

exactly - loved SCV - but the show was correctly placed

I mentioned that in one of my Indy blogs and asked why the drum line lined up the towers in better-spaced intervals than the guard. Perhaps it was so far out of their normal comfort zone that they were much more in tune with placing the towers in the right spot?

Don't short shift the marching and visual aplomb that AO, Alex Beltran, and Holy Bass developed in that battery. They both marched fabulously and played championship level!

• Like 3

I think it was a second place show with poorly conceived props that put them in 3rd. I think SCV performed the heck out of a 5th place show and almost medaled. Not taking away anything from them but if the top 3 ever tried to do a traditional (done a million times before) style show, they would have been destroyed in the Effect captions. Sorry..

• Like 1

Not going to lie, I loved SCV's show and think they're going to be a medal contender again for the next year or two at least, but the Cadets just had a better show this year. Thematically, Cadets didn't do much for me, but they had one of the best overall books of the season in terms of music. Regardless of the visual dirt because of the towers they deserved 3rd.

I've wondered if the ending where the guard members climb on the towers and hang/pull on the fabric was meant to help mask any remaining visual dirt for Finals. Before that was added, it was pretty clear when a tower or two was misaligned.