Corps Anthems?

Don't feel bad, after reading what was posted after I did I'm not totally sure what the OP intended. I was thinking of song that the corps is known for.... which might be off the mark...

Imagine you are blindfolded and sitting in the bleachers and a parade of drum corps marches by you. Each is playing a musical piece which its corps members. past and present, know to be their musical identification or anthem or signature or. in Piper's word. mantra.

Then imagine that, prior to this parade, each corps gathered and sang an inspirational song or shouted a phrase or word which summarized that corps' tradition. See onceuponatime's Post # 20 for reference.

My initial intent was to identify the musical piece.

If you hear " Conquest ", you believe its BAC. If, prior to the parade, BAC's members sang their inspirational song,, it would be "Giant".

If you hear "Over the Rainbow", you think of the Cavaliers. Prior to that, they would have sung The Corps Song.

I do not know what the Cadets' musical identifier is although I would love to hear " And the Angels Sing" with Don Angelica, may he rest in peace, soloing , and I believe the Cadets would have sung " O Holy Name " ( to the tune of " O Tannenbaum" ) in private in preparation for the event.

Thanks, DCP members, for contributing.

Imagine you are blindfolded and sitting in the bleachers and a parade of drum corps marches by you. Each is playing a musical piece which its corps members. past and present, know to be their musical identification or anthem or signature or. in Piper's word. mantra.

Then imagine that, prior to this parade, each corps gathered and sang an inspirational song or shouted a phrase or word which summarized that corps' tradition. See onceuponatime's Post # 20 for reference.

My initial intent was to identify the musical piece.

If you hear " Conquest ", you believe its BAC. If, prior to the parade, BAC's members sang their inspirational song,, it would be "Giant".

If you hear "Over the Rainbow", you think of the Cavaliers. Prior to that, they would have sung The Corps Song.

Think I've got it now... One from Column A and one from Column B :devil::tongue:

Seriously I could do (now) it with my old corps but this is Jr side thread....

Southwind: Legends of the Fall

Pacific Crest: Ave Maria

I know ONE particular corps song is officially unoffical because they don't have the rights to even perform it. I don't even know if I'm allowed to state the name of the song!

Also I THINK Land of Make Believe is also Impulse's corps song in addition to Jersey Surf. Sad I don't know for sure. :rolleyes:/>

Edited by Barifonium

I am curious as to which corps have signature songs which are considered their anthem. The two that I think I know are:

Madison : You'll Never Walk Alone

Phantom : Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral

Thanks.

The corps song "Giant" from Boston tears me up every time I hear it :smile:/>/>/>

• Like 1

<threadJack>

BOOTSTRAP! I have seen you posting in here for a while now, and I JUST put 2 and 2 together to figure out who you are! (I am old, give me some slack) Good to see you man! Will we perhaps see you in Annapolis?

</threadJack>

Marwan! Good to see you too. I am working on Annapolis, I am currently at Rutgers Band Camp