Minicorps RIP?

I watched on Fan Network..... scores were 96.0 and 95.7 or thereabouts..... both corps played Appalachian Spring..VERY entertaining productions, and quite different approaches.

Freelancers were third, also in 90's and 4th was Orlando

Joe

Donnie Allen struck gold also in individual trumpet. Can the White Sabers bring him a "triple crown?"

Govies dominated color guard individual categories.....

A gold in higher brass for Heartliner, too.....

Edited for spelling

Edited by JoeDz
  • Like 1

I&E scores have been posted.

Minicorps:

1. 96.00 Ghost Riders

2. 95.83 Star United

3. 91.83 Sacramento Freelancers

4. 87.83 Impact of Orlando

Odd how three scores end with ".83".

Congrats to Ghost Riders and to all...

Just my luck my flight got held up and I arrived in Annapolis at the end of I&E - caught many contestants arriving back at the hotel.

Sigh - sucks to be old.

I saw a picture on FB from a friend who is in GR and she said they won. I know nothing else. I'm just very happy for her and the other Bridgemen who participated with them this year.

Bridgmen Alumni in Ghostriders to defeat Star. That's really cool if you know the History between Bridgemen and Star of Indiana.

But that was another time.

Nice win GR.

I&E scores have been posted.

Minicorps:

1. 96.00 Ghost Riders

2. 95.83 Star United

3. 91.83 Sacramento Freelancers

4. 87.83 Impact of Orlando

Odd how three scores end with ".83".

I think they take the sum total of all the constellations in the universe and divide by 20. :tongue:

Seriously... I have no idea how they arrive at those numbers. LOL.

A very good night for the mini-corps... all four of them were terrific. :thumbup:

This is truly remarkable.

The discussion can wait another day.

This was Rocky vs. Apollo Creed II.

After going against the Champ for so many years...this time, Rocky earned the decision....

...pretty cool.

• Like 1

I believe the .83 is easily explained by the fraction 5/6. So if there are 6 judges or three judges and averaging, all scores would end with .00 (as did Ghost), .17, .33, .50, .67, or .83. Only coincidences involving .17 and .83 stand out as apparent weird coincidences. The chances of hitting .83 are exactly the same as hitting .00 !!!

On another "note," adding to my comment last night, both corps played Appalachian Spring, although Ghost should have called their's Rocky Spring for our western chain. United beat Ghost in false endings (causing Fran to enthusiastically shout their name while hitting the audience with an encore blast in your face. Star's SECOND false ending was a soft descending with backs turning front as they music faded to three lone contras (I won't even spell T-U-B-A).....

Freelancers, coming fully across the country, and Impact of Orlando, put on such great shows...... mini-corps is not dead......four corps from four corners of America coming together for a great show. Some of the brass ensembles are short one drum set and over on some music stands from mini corps status.

Take what I sw last night, add prelims today and alumni tomorrow to my 2 DCA shows already (MASS and PA) and Fan Network was a BARGAIN !

Joe

(This was edited to 2 decimal places...my original post had 3)

Edited by JoeDz
  • Like 2

On another "note," adding to my comment last night, both corps played Appalachian Spring, although Ghost should have called their's Rocky Spring for our western chain. United beat Ghost in false endings (causing Fran to enthusiastically shout their name while hitting the audience with an encore blast in your face. Star's SECOND false ending was a soft descending with backs turning front as they music faded to three lone contras (I won't even spell T-U-B-A).....

My participation in the Ghost Riders' false ending was planned in advance. An idea from the evil mind of Donny Allen. :tongue:

The Star United ones... uhhh... no planning on my part. LOL. It was my mistake... and it's the one I hate making. Stepping on a corps is not my forte'. So my apologies to the Star United folks for "enhancing" their ending. Sometimes, stuff happens in a live show.

• Like 3

My participation in the Ghost Riders' false ending was planned in advance. An idea from the evil mind of Donny Allen. :tongue:/>

The Star United ones... uhhh... no planning on my part. LOL. It was my mistake... and it's the one I hate making. Stepping on a corps is not my forte'. So my apologies to the Star United folks for "enhancing" their ending. Sometimes, stuff happens in a live show.

Its going to make the CD that much more fun when I listen to Star :cool: