Best Year of Drum Corps ('00-'09)

What year do y'all think was the best overall year for drum corps in the 2000s decade ('00-'09)? Personally, I think 2008 was my favorite year overall. Of course you've gotta love "Spartacus", but I also loved The Cavaliers ("Samurai"), Bluecoats ("The Knockout"), Santa Clara Vanguard ("3hree"), and Blue Stars ("Le Tour: Every Second Counts"). Also really liked the year 2005. What about you all?

Edited by Chris Cartwright

What year do y'all think was the best overall year for drum corps in the 2000s decade ('00-'09)? Personally, I think 2008 was my favorite year overall. Of course you've gotta love "Spartacus", but I also loved The Cavaliers ("Samurai"), Bluecoats ("The Knockout"), Santa Clara Vanguard ("3hree"), and Blue Stars ("Le Tour: Every Second Counts"). Also really liked the year 2005. What about you all?

Down to 2000, 2004 and 2008. Will have to think about it a little more to choose among those. :smile:

Agreed about 2008. I also liked Blue Devils and Crown's Finis was pretty awesome. If we can forget about Cadets, then I'm on board with 2008.

• Like 1

2005... Thats my overall choice, as top 12 from top to bottom had good shows as a group.

For all years, '89 would be my choice, as Top 12 here was good from top to bottom too.

Edited by BRASSO

I gotta put up 2003. Between the Cadets, the Blue Devils, Phantom, Cavaliers, Boston and down to Crossmen and Carolina Crown, I can't stop going back to that year. Rocky Point, Canon, Blue Rondo alla Turk just a great year musically.

I marched 6 of those years, and my favorite year of all 2004. So much fun coming out west to Denver and then the TOC afterwards.

• Like 1

Pre-amps and electronics i would say 2000.

Post amps 2008

Post amps and electronics 2011

Overall I am music first person. Some of the years that stand out for me are 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011

2002 would probably be my overall favorite year, with 2000 and 2008 close behind. Also 2001.

• Like 1