Best Year of Drum Corps ('00-'09)

How has no one voted 2007? Crown/Bluecoats/Vanguard and Phantom within a point of each other AND amazingly fantastic shows. Blue Knights best show ever IMO. Blue Devils haven't marched a better show since.

Only one show in the top 6 i didnt like and the bottom wasnt bad either.

I completely agree.

As a runner up, might I suggest 2001? There was a really strong lineup of entertaining shows, and Madison (Ballet in Brass) and Crown (Industry) anchored the bottom end. (And how about the Colts with Chivalry?)

Mike

2000 or 2006 for me...I'll go with 2006.

Though 2003 is probably the CD that ends up in my car most often on long trips.

2005 was good, but is disqualified in my mind because of a certain dance derby that occurred that year.

I really wish that didn't happen sometimes...

But it was a fun year still! Europe was cool.

For the decade in question:

1. 2008. So many solid shows from top to bottom - a stellar top four that was unmatched anywhere else in the decade in my opinion (and not again until 2013). Spartacus, Constantly Risking Absurdity and Finis were phenomenal. Cadets last 90 seconds was a job dropping end to a show, SCV was very entertaining, Bluecoats had an unbelievable brass moment in "The Boxer," Glassmen were very entertaining, Crossmen were a darned good 13th. Blue Stars were fantastic with Le Tour, and Colts had a great followup year musically to their 2007 broadway music show.

2. 2004. Spectacular setting with a spectacular stadium, and fantastic shows. Cavaliers 007 was my favorite championship show from the decade, BD took their show over the top with a train leaving the station to complement a wonderful, accessible jazz-based music book, SCV was vintage SCV with Sheherazade, Phantom continued their resurgance with an under-appreciated Piazola show that was only missing a top notch color guard. Bluecoats were extremely entertaining, Crown had a fantastic Bohemia show that really signaled they were a coming force to be reckoned with, and even Glassmen had a very entertaining show.

3. 2006. My favorite top 2 of the decade, with Machine and Faust. Another favorite show from BD with the Godfather, as well, and maybe my favorite Bluecoats show with Connexus. SCV was very entertaining with Moto Perpeto, Blue Knights had my favorite all time show from them with a very dark show, and Crown's In.Trance.It show that year just blew my mind - maybe my favorite music book of allfrom one of my favorite corps. Glassmen were also wonderful with their Beethoven show.

4. 2007. Unother perfect setting (well, except the stadium itself) for Drum Corps with the best crowd of the decade (just in front of Denver), and great shows to go with it. The first half of BD's Winged Victory was worth the price of admission itself, and Regiment's On Air - despite not being clean enough challenge at the top - might be my favorite show of theirs and is one the most listened to tracks on my iPhone. Cadets were ultra-talented (programming asid), Eureka is an under-appreciated show from SCV that really roared to life in Pasadena, Crown's Triple Crown is an all time best show. Colts had a terrific comeback in red with the Equinox show, Bluecoats had a wonderfully entertaining Criminal show, and Blue Knights had just a phenomenal Dark Dances shwo.

5.. 2000. Classic championship shows from both Cavaliers & Cadets, and one of my favorite BD shows of all time. SCV's Adagio still sets an emotional standard for me, Blue Knights were spectacular with another re-do of Trittico, Boston Crusaders had one of my favorite shows of all time with Red, and Regiment performed one of my favorite music books and performances ever with their Stravinsky show. Further down, Southwind had one of my favorite non-finanlist shows ever with their 13th place show, and Crown's Zorro show was very entertaining

6. 2009. Crown's first championship caliber show with The Grass is Greener had fantastic moments and was so much fun. SCV's Ballet for Martha was oh-so classy and moving. Bluestars had a wonderful Factory Show (though the ending never lived up to the rest of th eshow), Cadets were so solid with an anniversary WSS, Boston was wildly entertaining with the Core of Temptation, Troopers burst into Finals with a wonderful show, Bluecoats had some very magical moments in Imagine, and Phantom had a poor program but a very musically enjoyable Red Violin. Outside the top 12, Academy's Ascent was very well done, and Crossmen were dirty buty very enjoyable with ForbiddeN

7. 2005. The Zone was an all-time favorite for me from Cadets - with Liquid and the Bjork Ballad drum corps at its magical best. Phantom rejoined the medalist ranks with a spectacular Rhapsody show that finally had all the pieces.Bluecoats were also stellar, with a great drill, while SCV brought us a very fan friendly, musical show. Scouts surged with an entertaining Carmen, and Crown wowed with their emerging brass power and heart with Angelus

8. 2003. One of my favorite music books and emotional performances ever with Regiment's Harmonic Journey. Stellar classics show from Cadets and unbelievable performance levels from BD's Cool show. Cavaliers had my favorite original music show from them with Spin Cycle, and SCV had an oh-so difficult show. Crown & Magic had fantastic 2nd half of top 12 shows with Bellisimo & Silver Voices.

9. 2002 Extremely Visually entertaining championship show with Cavaliers Frameworks, a powerhouse brassline from Regiment in their Heroic Sketches show and Magic's rsurgance into Finals from an Open Class re-start year for them with Desert Winds highlighted the year for me. Boston's You are My Star & Cascade's top 12 year with City Riffs were also very enjoyable. Cadets enjoyable replowed familiar territory with a patriotic show tribute to NYC with 9-11 still fresh on everyone's minds, too.

10. 2001. Perhaps the most forgettable year of the decade, with some exceptoins. Cadet's Juxtaposition show has become one of my favorites, and while not a visual powerhouse, Regiment's Bartok & Shostakovich show was a terrific music book and performanc with a Finale to Festive Overture that was extremely exciting by Finals. Bluecoats Tango Show was one of my favorte shows from 'coats in years, and SCV had a very clever New Era moment in their show.

Looking at these, I have to say 2008 stands out above all, with a virtual tie for 2nd between 2004, 2006 and 2007. The rest all seem to fit in the order above for me.

Harvey

• Like 3