Are Championships too expensive?

I find this forum extremely fascinating.

As I stated in an earlier post here, I am not all that familiar with how a DCA corps runs, but reading this forum, I keep seeing that DCA is a cheaper alternative to drum corps than DCI. It definitely is cheaper than DCI World Class.

But, if you add Championship weekend costs (hotel, food, transportation-if you drive and not take the provided transportation) and add that to the fact that DCA corps do not provide meals during practice, along with your own food and transportation costs to local shows (as stated in replys to my earlier post), all of a sudden its not that cheap anymore. Its seems more on a level of fees for certain Open Class corps though.

Is there also a separate winter per camp fee?

So what is the real cost to join a DCA corps?

I would think its closer to $1000 - $1300 for the season when all things are added in.

• Like 2

And from what I heard, he skewed his budget numbers by more than half to make it look worse.

so he's like whatever political party is proving their point this week. it's just math, doesn't have to be right

:tongue:/>

"Darth Silva said...." :tongue:/>

Oh man...with that beard and NE accent, I can just hear Gil's voice in my head...

"Gawge, I am youah fathah"

:tongue:/>

• Like 1

Oh man...with that beard and NE accent, I can just hear Gil's voice in my head...

"Gawge, I am youah fathah"

:tongue:/>/>

Irony is we were close enough to his table Monday AM at the hotel I could have heard him.

But bunch o' chatty Lancers were drowning them out....

Funniest part of being in the "Official DCA" hotel was walking into the bathroom one time and seeing Unca You Know Who washing his hands. :w00t:

I find this forum extremely fascinating.

As I stated in an earlier post here, I am not all that familiar with how a DCA corps runs, but reading this forum, I keep seeing that DCA is a cheaper alternative to drum corps than DCI. It definitely is cheaper than DCI World Class.

But, if you add Championship weekend costs (hotel, food, transportation-if you drive and not take the provided transportation) and add that to the fact that DCA corps do not provide meals during practice, along with your own food and transportation costs to local shows (as stated in replys to my earlier post), all of a sudden its not that cheap anymore. Its seems more on a level of fees for certain Open Class corps though.

Is there also a separate winter per camp fee?

So what is the real cost to join a DCA corps?

I would think its closer to $1000 - $1300 for the season when all things are added in.

It's as reasonably inexpensive as you want it to be, all depends on whether you increase the "ifs" or utilize the offered privileges/provided assets as a part of corps membership.

Also, if one chooses and/or qualifies to itemize; many of the expenses involved are subject as deductibles on your return(s).

It's as reasonably inexpensive as you want it to be, all depends on whether you increase the "ifs" or utilize the offered privileges/provided assets as a part of corps membership.

Also, if one chooses and/or qualifies to itemize; many of the expenses involved are subject as deductibles on your return(s).

Bill, in one of your earlier posts you said Kilties fees are all inclusive (includes championship week). How much do Kilties charge for the year?

I have heard some younger members in a DCA corps complain how they dont have enough money to buy food at shows. A couple of times I helped these kids get something to eat. I know most dont complain and have the money, but Im wondering what kind of nourishment these poorer kids are getting after a long rehearsal and a performance.

Bill, in one of your earlier posts you said Kilties fees are all inclusive (includes championship week). How much do Kilties charge for the year?

I have heard some younger members in a DCA corps complain how they dont have enough money to buy food at shows. A couple of times I helped these kids get something to eat. I know most dont complain and have the money, but Im wondering what kind of nourishment these poorer kids are getting after a long rehearsal and a performance.

For the 2013 season, dues (we call them shares) were $350.00. Which includes approximately 80% of all meals when with the corps (at the very least a breakfast and a mid-afternoon heartier meal), transportation to out-of-area performances (traditionally more that 50 miles away), sleeping when on overnight trips (either sponsor provided gym floors, or if needed hotel rooms with 4 per room) instruction, uniforms, equipment, rehearsal facilities, etc., etc. The only items the performing members are required to obtain on their own are about $50 worth of uniform accessories, which is a one time deal if a member continues with the corps season after season.

For those members that come from out-of-town for off-season rehearsals, some stay at local member's homes and for some that like to stay in a hotel, so we've arranged discounted pricing for them.

That's about it in a nutshell.......