When Bored Drum Corps Fans need a fix....

Too early for german bands?

Edited by blueorginal

Those needing a fix might want to know that DCA championships are this weekend in Annapolis.

Last weekend, the Reading Buccaneers earned a 96.3, the highest DCA regular season score ever. But when they beat Minnesota Brass, Inc. last month by less than a point in their only head-to-head match-up this season, many observers thought MBI had more room to grow. Who will win? Reading has been even more dominant than the Blue Devils since 2005, having won seven of eight championships. Meanwhile, Cadets2, playing Les Miserables, are in the hunt for a medal in only their second year of existence, while Atlanta CV, FusionCore, and White Sabers all look to have the best finishes to date. Govenaires have a very real shot at earning the best Class A Finals score of all time. And who knows what Empire Statesmen will do in the final show they'll ever perform? Besides all that, there is a half-day of alumni corps performances on Sunday while Friday features the Individual and Ensemble competition, including the mini-corps show.

(If you can't make it to Annapolis, the Prelims on Saturday as well as the alumni spectacular and minicorps competition will be streamed (for a cost) on the DCA Fan Network.)

How about a German corps this weekend.... :worthy:

How about a German corps this weekend... :worthy:

Oh, that's right! Among the competitors at DCA Championships is Heartliner, from Ludwigshafen, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.

I've never even heard of Ludwigshafen, but Wikipedia says it has a population of 165,000, which is more than three times larger than Annapolis.

Oh, that's right! Among the competitors at DCA Championships is Heartliner, from Ludwigshafen, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.

I've never even heard of Ludwigshafen, but Wikipedia says it has a population of 165,000, which is more than three times larger than Annapolis.

I've heard of Ludwigshafen.. usually got bombed on "Hogans Heros" when General Burkholder was on the phone. "See.. nothing going on in Ludwigshafen, I've got them on the phone now... What's that noise that sounds like sirens.... Hello... Hello...".

Seriously, the Palatinate is supposedly the homearea of many PA Germans... like me... :worthy: