2013 DCA World Championships Finals

3 Minnesota Brass 96.65

2 Cabs 96.98

1 Buccs 97.43

mbi - percussion

cabs - colorguard

buccs - brass and effect

I didn't see the show tonight, but I know from prelims last night that Empire was not better than C2 or CV, and they definitely weren't two and a half better than CV.

I loved Empire this year... I mentioned that it's the kind of show I'd show someone who's never seen corps. But they weren't particularly clean, and they had arguably the easiest drill in finals.

Still, proud of CV for their highest placement and score in finals ever,

Also, if it's true that the Cabs beat MBI, I'm going to have a problem. Bucs and MBI were on an entirely different level than anyone else. Cabs were great, but to me they were clearly the third best.

• Like 3

And, just like that, the 2013 North American competitive drum corps season is over. I write this with a heavy heart as the Empire Statesmen are no more as a competitive corps, but I will say that this was THE BEST year for DCA, hands down. Every corps brought entertainment to the table and the top corps set new standards for themselves and the activity yet again.

• Like 2

Congratulations to the Reading Buccaneers and the White Sabers, 2013 DCA World Champions!

Kevin that's for all you did over the past few days.

• Like 3

Empire Statesmen honor guard comes to the front side line, presents arms, and marches out of the stadium, showing why they won Best Honor Guard.

• Like 2

Kevin and crew:

Many thanks for a weekend dedicated to an activity that means so much to all of us. In the absence of Fan Network for Finals, I realize how much others who didn't use FN relied on you for all three days.

Your hard work and diligence is appreciated........ as always.

Joe in NJ

I think I hear fireworks outside......must be from Hawthorne, a couple towns over

• Like 5