Bucky Swan

Don is correct. There are people like me know of him, but didn't know him. Add to it, it is the off season and people aren't really posting much here now.

*edit for lack of caffiene and the ability to make complete and logical sentences*

See? I don't get this. If it's the off season.... people should be home and have a bit of time on their hands, no?

See? I don't get this. If it's the off season.... people should be home and have a bit of time on their hands, no?

they are on our thread. not a lot of us left any more.

for me the 63 dream sticks out.

A good portion of marchers today weren’t even born when the Skyliners formed the Alumni Corps. They have no connection to make. Many of us that marched with corps other than Sky may have more of my own personal reference, I really never ventured or was encouraged to venture outside the corps they were participating in and like I said know of him, but don’t know him. I met most of my drum corps friends and acquaintances after I left a competitive corps, as well as on the internet.

As far as the off season, additionally a good portion of marching members are back in high school and college, many participating with their own band programs. Additionally other members are teaching high school band programs. And others are actively recruiting for the upcoming season. There isn’t really much free time to go around.

The Designated Drum Corps Season used to last much longer
The competitive season, the I & E season, the indoor season, the parades... there was always something going on.

And I'm about to go a bit rogue here....
But, Drum Corps' existence never depended on or worked around Band.
Not from what I recall anyway.
And before any of you jump down my throat.... I'm not bashing Band. I'm simply saying they are two separate beings.

The competitive season, the I & E season, the indoor season, the parades... there was always something going on.

And before any of you jump down my throat.... I'm not bashing Band. I'm simply saying they are two separate beings.

you are correct. but now my queen drum corps is band. a lot of people are in bands. a lot of those writing and teaching are band. they are no longer separate.

• Like 1

I joined drum corps because of being in and teaching band. That is 20+ years ago. Same can be said about many of the people I was participating with. I'm not sure when the lines merged but I think it is safe to say it was a pretty long time ago.

Sigh....
Please allow me to be a pain in the butt and a Drum Corps Historian all in one...
Isn't this place called DCP? Standing for Drum Corps Planet? I don't see a "B" anywhere.
Isn't that what George wanted??

I'm not degrading Band.... This thread is titled "Bucky Swan" no?
If you have no comment on the topic... of Bucky Swan. Why are we talking about band here?
Sorry, but.... this thread should be all about Bucky and his decades of contributions to Drum Corps.
And what he has meant to folks in the Drum Corps Community over the decades.... both Junior and Senior.

Both Liz and Jeff have said they didn't know him personally. Ok, so why are you guys posting here on this thread thats dedicated to him?

(Not trying to cause trouble here but, Bucky meant the world to me and I'm a Corps Historian.) This is one thread that should definitely stay on topic!

Sigh....

Please allow me to be a pain in the butt and a Drum Corps Historian all in one...

Isn't this place called DCP? Standing for Drum Corps Planet? I don't see a "B" anywhere.

Isn't that what George wanted??

I'm not degrading Band.... This thread is titled "Bucky Swan" no?

If you have no comment on the topic... of Bucky Swan. Why are we talking about band here?

Sorry, but.... this thread should be all about Bucky and his decades of contributions to Drum Corps.

And what he has meant to folks in the Drum Corps Community over the decades.... both Junior and Senior.

Both Liz and Jeff have said they didn't know him personally. Ok, so why are you guys posting here on this thread thats dedicated to him?

(Not trying to cause trouble here but, Bucky meant the world to me and I'm a Corps Historian.) This is one thread that should definitely stay on topic!

you get em girl. :thumbup: i didn't know him well enough to have dinner with him but we talked from time to time. and man could he wail!!!! :babies: