Bucky Swan

I never saw him with a drink.

Wait ... finish the sentence ... "in only one hand" ...

Andy "ya can't fly on one wing" Lisko

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - for anyone who may not have heard, there will be a celebration of life for Bucky on November 9th from 2pm - 6pm in Avenel, NJ. Details are available on the RSVP page - http://www.mellolisa.com/RSVP.

All are welcome. If you did know him, you will get what a special event this will be.

Please RSVP by Oct 25th.

Thanks!

Lisa

... and what a fine tribute it was yesterday ... well over 200 attended ... the performances were outstanding and emotional ... an original composition play by Al Chez titled "For Your Love" and a sultry lounge type song (you know what I mean) sung by Patty Antol called "Square One", which was penned by Bucky himself ... an ensemble called Bucky's Buddies also played a Swan original called "The Man That Got Away" ... add to that performances by Sky's Alumni, Sky's Chorus, Brooklyn United, Melrose, OLPH, Sky's Dynamic Drum Duet of Joe Fontana and Jack Murray ... plus a fine horn duet of Rich Wardlow and Tony Menditto ...

The stories that filled the boisterous room and the drink that flowed throughout the day were just what Swanee would have wanted ... it was a day full of memories, tears, laughs and libations ...

Maybe some other DCPers who attended could share their thoughts ...

Andy "your cordial MC" Lisko

• Like 1

It was truly a great event!

I was hoping that how bad some of us play ( in Bucky's view ) would cause a music stand to be overturned in disgust!

Many great performances and getting to meet old friends who were taught by Tom !

Most heartfelt thanks to the Lawrence family and the many others who remembered Tom as he would have liked!

frankiE

• Like 1

This is one of those times I'm so bummed about living out here in Texas. Even from Boston this would have been a reasonably simply trip. I'm glad that Bucky's life was celebrated in this way, and that so many of his friends were able to attend. For a man who dedicated himself to making life a daily celebration, this seems to have been an ultimately appropriate send-off.

Thanks to everyone that sent descriptions of the event for folks like me that were unable to attend due to distance and schedule. If everyone that WANTED to be there had been able to come, you would have needed the old Roosevelt Stadium to fit them, with an after-party-party at Town Hall.

Talk about appropriate!

• Like 2

... and what a fine tribute it was yesterday ... well over 200 attended ... the performances were outstanding and emotional ... an original composition play by Al Chez titled "For Your Love" and a sultry lounge type song (you know what I mean) sung by Patty Antol called "Square One", which was penned by Bucky himself ... an ensemble called Bucky's Buddies also played a Swan original called "The Man That Got Away" ... add to that performances by Sky's Alumni, Sky's Chorus, Brooklyn United, Melrose, OLPH, Sky's Dynamic Drum Duet of Joe Fontana and Jack Murray ... plus a fine horn duet of Rich Wardlow and Tony Menditto ...

The stories that filled the boisterous room and the drink that flowed throughout the day were just what Swanee would have wanted ... it was a day full of memories, tears, laughs and libations ...

Maybe some other DCPers who attended could share their thoughts ...

Andy "your cordial MC" Lisko

THANKS to one and ALL!! Donna and I had a GREAT time!!

Some internet connections problems going on here. (uploads keep timing out) As soon as I find out what's up I'll post the links to the photos (Flickr and FB) and videos (YouTube) and offer to email the MP3 audios to anyone that would like a copy... (Or if I can, I'll upload them to my DropBox account)

Got everything on my computer but seem to be having some difficulty getting everything uploaded on line.... (And then there's that multiple posting that I still have NO idea what's going on with that...)

THANKS to one and ALL!! Donna and I had a GREAT time!!

Some internet connections problems going on here. (uploads keep timing out) As soon as I find out what's up I'll post the links to the photos (Flickr and FB) and videos (YouTube) and offer to email the MP3 audios to anyone that would like a copy... (Or if I can, I'll upload them to my DropBox account)

Got everything on my computer but seem to be having some difficulty getting everything uploaded on line.... (And then there's that multiple posting that I still have NO idea what's going on with that...)

Tony ... ever resurrect your laptop? ... Some fine stuff your recorded that day ...

:-)

Tony ... ever resurrect your laptop? ... Some fine stuff your recorded that day ...

:-)

Hi Andy!!

Yes, (It wasn't my laptop it was my Dish Network connection)

All of this has been posted on the FB page for Bucky (https://www.facebook.com/groups/tommyswan/)

Apologies for how long this is taking.... Seems there was a major software update and that has some to do with my connection situation...
Still photos have been uploaded to my Flickr account (I'll upload to my FB site as soon as I can) Videos & Audios have been uploaded to my Dropbox account. (As I was having some problems getting the videos uploaded to my YouTube channel)
I think everyone (that already has a Dropbox account as well as anyone that has not yet, they're free) should be able to watch and download any of these videos. The individual audio links are below. As will all of the photos, audios and videos I have taken they are all "Use as you see fit". (You have my permission to download and use any you'd like to)
I was not able to record (video and audio) or take photos of everyone that performed. My apologies to those I missed....
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration of Life
PHOTOS:
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration01_NY Skyliners Alumni
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration02_Rich Wardlow_Tony Menditto
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration03_Brooklyn United
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration04_Al Chez
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration05_OLPH Ridgemen
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration06_Patty Antol
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration07_'Bucky's Buddies'
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration08_Melrose Blackhawks
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration09_NY Skyliners Alumni Chorus
VIDEO: (Please do NOT delete the videos)
Dropbox, ALL links: <https://www.dropbox.com/home/11-9-13%20Bucky%20Swan's%20Celebration%20of%20Life>
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration_Brooklyn United
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration01_OLPH Ridgemen
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration_Al Chez.mp4
An original composition play by Al Chez titled "For Your Love"
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration02_Patty Antol
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration03_'Bucky's Buddies'
11-9-13 Bucky Swan's Celebration04_Melrose Blackhawks
AUDIOS: (ALL Videos & Audios Dropbox Folder Link - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2sb7cgxqhksamx1/DKw2wv0Uwg)
11-9-13Bucky's Celebration_01Brooklyn United1064.mp3
11-9-13Bucky's Celebration_02Al Chez1065.mp3
11-9-13Bucky's Celebration_03O.L.P.H. Ridgemen1066.mp3
11-9-13Bucky's Celebration_04Patty Antol1067.mp3
11-9-13Bucky's Celebration_005'Bucky's Buddies'1068.mp3
11-9-13Bucky's Celebration_06Melrose Blackhawks1070.mp3
11-9-13Bucky's Celebration_07NY Skyliners Alumni Chorus (unedited)1071.mp3
Edited by TennTux