Crossmen 2014

DCFAN

Great drum score last night. Can see them beating BK in drums very soon.

• Like 2

Just watched them again on FN. I LOVE this show! The use of the drum set throughout, especially in Carmen, is so tasteful. I do agree, N. E. Brigand, that the synth bass could be reduced a bit. If you're going to use it, support the brass, don't draw attention to the fact that there's a bass boost! My reaction should be, "wow, those tubas are putting out some SOUND!" not, "why have tubas at all, man?!??".

DCI CORPS HAVNT DOUBLED THE TUBA PARTS SINCE 2010. ITS MORE A CELLO PAR OCTAVE BELOW TUBAS . And a sub woofer 2 octaves below. You feel it more than hear it .

Very proud of this group. I got to watch ensemble rehearsal and meet with members of the drumline. Very good group. The show is terrific, and with the constant change and improvement to the show, could definitely be looking at top 12.

Very proud of this group. I got to watch ensemble rehearsal and meet with members of the drumline. Very good group. The show is terrific, and with the constant change and improvement to the show, could definitely be looking at top 12.

I think you are right. This is definitely a step in the right direction for this corps. The drumlime is only .7 behind Blue Knights last show. Definitely the best sounding drumline from Crossmen in many years. I'm really excited to see how they stack up against some of the corps on the midwest and east tours. I think there is a strong possibility of 11th or 12th place this year!

The Percussion score of 16.0 last night was just 0.3 behind the Blue Knights and 1.0 behind Santa Clara. They scored a 16 at Allentown in August last year. This year's group is so far ahead of where they usually are at this time of year. I look forward to seeing where they are at by San Antonio.

I just wish Percussion represented a higher percentage of the score when there is a full judging panel.

I wonder where the Color Guard and Brass would score now. They haven't been judged in those captions in a while.

Nice show this season from Crossmen, imo.... especially musically. I like this season's show... and its theme... way better than last season's.

I bet the CG would be right around 12th. The work looks difficult and man the flag work in Emmanuel is goosebump inspiring!!