Dark Side of the Moon

The Final Cut would translate best to the field. Michael Kamen did all of the (absolutely brilliant) orchestra arrangements... so it feels a lot like The Wall (it started out with a couple of tracks that didn't make The Wall due to time/format constraints).

Imagine Crown playing "When the Tigers Broke Free" or "Paranoid Eyes"

Add "Fletcher Memorial Home" to that list as well. I've read though that "When the Tigers Broke Free" wasn't left off of The Wall because of time constraints, but they felt that it was too personal for the album. That's why it's included in the movie, but got cut from the album at the last minute.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Queen's Queen II album would be absolutely great on the field, I think... very little repetition and lots of key/metre changes, and opportunities for great pit features.

There are a lot of Frank Zappa tunes that would translate to drum corps. I'm not sure about "Billy the Mountain" but I would enjoy it. My dad took that record away from me, it bugged him so bad

My dad also took that record away from me. He said it sounded like I was playing two bad records at the same time. I quickly replaced it with a Captain Beefheart record that equally made him upset.

There are a lot of Frank Zappa tunes that would translate to drum corps. I'm not sure about "Billy the Mountain" but I would enjoy it. My dad took that record away from me, it bugged him so bad

Zappa's "G-Spot Tornado" would make a perfect drum feature. Might have to alter the name a bit, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUvH3xf0e-I

I think Zappa's, Joes Garage would make a great show. Unfortunatly it is not family friendly and would probably offend some.

One of the things that Pink Floyd does well is take their time in developing musical ideas. They take you on a journey and they don't rush to get you there. I don't think drum corps could do justice to PF material because of their 11 minute time restrictions.

But, I really like both PF and D&BC.

THIS.. Patience is what make FLOYD so cool.

Edited by theCHEZman