Welcome back to Florida, DCI

As a Florida resident, I'm thrilled drum corps is coming back down here....but if it rains here next summer as much as it did this summer I'm not sure any shows will actually take place. Either way, it sure beats driving aaaall the way up to Atlanta or Winston-Salem to catch a show!

• Like 1

Given Dan Acheson's busy passport this calendar year, Hopkins desire to grow USBAnds brand, and SystemBlue seeking more and more horizons, how soon before we see DCI Havana???

It's only 90 miles away!!!

Why corps do way more than that most nights between shows.

DrumBattle and SoundSport have already made in-roads into South and Central America.

• 3 weeks later...

The Trop would be an excellent venue. I've heard many times that there's too much of an echo there, but after Atlanta, I guess that's a problem with any dome.Also, cost wise, I've heard from a reliable source that the trop is actually less expensive for non profits, so that also might be a plus.

The Trop is an awful acoustic environment for the FMBC finals. Add 6-10 dB in volume for a DCI finalist and it just gets worse. No Thanks.

Edited by lastknight
  • Like 1