Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

I'll second that!

• Like 1

I think their musical book is really entertaining, even if it is a bit ADHD in places. It might not be scoring well, but who cares... I'll be listening to this one in the future!

Well done Scouts, hope you nail it in finals.

• Like 2

I'm sure there are maybe 10% of us 475 members marching in Macy's that read this dribble and I'd predict that 99% of them are as disgusted with the 2 or 3 alumni on here that I am. Hey guys why don't you grow up and STFU.

Have a great week of rehearsal this week my brothers and I'll see you at the movies on Thursday. GO SCOUTS!!

475 Scouts...at one time...look out NYC

Now that the final performane of the year has been done what is the feeling of show direction next season and do you guys see staff changes taking place?

Need an energetic and uptempo or musically powerful show that focuses on a theme that is easy to understand. Also focus on three songs not as many as this year. Ditch arrangers and design staff they are over thinking it. Bring in some of the writers from the 90's. I also think scouts need to maybe venture into something a bit darker than they have previously done. Also more geometric drill. And finally 9 or 10 snare 6 tenors 6 bass and 5 cymbals. Yes bring back the large drumline and cymbal line. Oh yeah ditch the all white bring back the green coat red sash. You can fancy it up if you want. My two cents

• Like 2

I like the way you think Runitagain. While we're at it..enter the field company front and burst into the Fleur D Lis. Get the fans screaming like maniacs before a note is played.

• Like 1

How quickly we forget... This is the same design staff (for the most part) that brought us 2010-2013. Personally, I really liked this year's show, as did many others. If you were one of those that didn't like this year, hang in there. Don't be so quick to overhaul a staff, especially one with so much talent.