Phantom Regiment 2014

IMO, there is a big difference in a story line and story telling.

And I'm kind of curious as to why you did not like Into The Light. For me it was one of their more intellectual shows and beautifully put together. Incredble music as well.

I am not ducking the question, but I did not see the show but once early on as I was sick that year. In all honesty Idid not give it a chance.

I have to say, after watching the most recent FN video of Phantom's show, I think it's really coming together nicely. It flows much better now. All they have to do is clean it (which will happen) and figure out some small non-issues and they have a very good production. I'm sorry I doubted them this year. They're really doing well right now. Let's hope they can add more meat to the horn book and keep the competitiveness!

I just caught a youtube video of Swan Lake a few minutes ago. I am dumbfounded at the tag of the closer. It is worse than freshman composition 101. It's really awful and hopefully the show is not ultimately going to finish with this ending. It is so obviously stuck on to allow the drill to finish.

As to what is on the field. Many times I do not understand the signifigance of a prop such as Crowns trampolines, Regiments black tubes.to name a few. I can say I do not like Crowns uniform this year or last year. Regiments headdress does not fit the show and is not explainable.

Not a fan of the trampolines myself, but I like that Crown is exploring their use and coming up with new ways to use them. I think come finals, we will see a lot of improvement and be at least alright with their use.

Phantom's problem with the black (changing) tubes, IMO, is not in the tube, but the lack of ANYTHING else happening in the show. The black tubes are attention grabbing enough, but the lack of anything else grabbing your attention makes it much worse. Little to no music or visual.... The length of time that these are used hurt them as well, but the Phantomettes can't change faster... So I think that there just needs to be a better transition between the two movements, with much more going on.

The tubes have potential to be brilliant. That section represents the 6 princesses/possible brides that he meets at the costume ball (WHY ARE THERE 8? IT DRIVES ME INSANE). The reveal aspect works really well for me, as he sees each one, realizes that it is not Odette, and moves on. The last princess must represent Odile, because he has a brief moment of interaction with her. I really think that they need to make more out of the Odile section. We see that same girl (Odile) run through the entire guard after a while, but there seems to be SO much missing from the story.

I miss Regiment. A lot.

• Like 2

That was the reason given for his not returning, but interestingly enough, he designed for another corps the next year. He is a very sensitive guy and probably did not fit in well with the Farrell regime.

Are you telling me I dont know what I am saying? Yes he did and I know what happened but I am not going to address the issue, because it is none of anyone's business. It was a private matter and had nothing to do with your assumptions.

Are you telling me I dont know what I am saying? Yes he did and I know what happened but I am not going to address the issue, because it is none of anyone's business. It was a private matter and had nothing to do with your assumptions.

Whatever you think or believe he was pushed out.

I just caught a youtube video of Swan Lake a few minutes ago. I am dumbfounded at the tag of the closer. It is worse than freshman composition 101. It's really awful and hopefully the show is not ultimately going to finish with this ending. It is so obviously stuck on to allow the drill to finish.

The closer is being changed this week.

The closer is being changed this week.

It should never have been there to begin with. It's crap for writing and that's pityful, to have had that long to write an 11 minute show.

• Like 1

Whatever you think or believe he was pushed out.

So how do you know he was pushed out what is your point of reference and it isnt what I think I know.

It should never have been there to begin with. It's crap for writing and that's pityful, to have had that long to write an 11 minute show.

Cool down. Every Corps makes changes in the show with drill. Regiment has done it for years.