Phantom Regiment 2014

I can see it now. "Presenting their 2015 program LIBERACE Drum Corps International is proud to present Phantom Regiment!

For some reason my sense of humor has left me. That does not happen often.

Did anyone see Phantom's show yesterday? Did they change the closer?

Yes.

They now close with the symbolic beheading of the DM on the DM podium.

• Like 1

good changes for the most part.

now they just need to do something to make the first 1/4 less of drag.

Impressed with the improvement of their drumline. They aren't going to be in the running for the sanford, but the writing makes sense and they are playing decently well. That is good to see after the last few years.

• Like 1

I watched the show on FN last night. I have been disappointed in the show up to now, but the changes are going in the right direction.

Where we end up I dont know, but I want to see a decent show on the field. My fingers are crossed.

Edited by grammie12

I watched the show on FN last night. I have been disappointed in the show up to now, but the changes are going in the right direction.

Where we end up I dont know, but I want to see a decent show on the field. My fingers are crossed.

Hopefully in front of Cavies and behind SCV. I think that this show is a step above Cavies but not up to the same level as SCV in design.

I missed both broadcasts last night so I'm catching up today.

I thought Phantom would change their ending but it looks like they changed a significant portion of the final number as well . The changes looked okay. I even liked the fact they didn't wear the black headdresses.

Thing is, I still don't get the story. Isn't Swan Lake kind of a tragedy at the end? Don't Siegfried and Odile both kill themselves in the ballet? Near the end Phantom forms a big heart making it look like this big love story when I'm thinking it supposed to be more tragic than that.

In Phantom's original ending they had Siegfried dying on the field and Odette hid behind a horn player with a black cloak on. In the new ending they have Odette featured through to the end and Siegfried takes off the white portion of his uniform and hides behind a tenor player. You can see it on high cam.

Edit: If only someone had named Odile and Odette - "Betty" and "Wilma." I wouldn't get them confused all the time.

Edited by Lincoln

Especially for all those doubters the regiment is aware of the specific problems this season and I am sure changes will be made but not the classical style. We have been innovative in the past and sometimes we all get set in our ways and need to be shook up. So lets be positive about theit future.

I would love to see Bliecoats win this year. I think it would give more credence to the drum corps activity if the winners were

selected by fair judging and give other corps hope.

I missed both broadcasts last night so I'm catching up today.

I thought Phantom would change their ending but it looks like they changed a significant portion of the final number as well . The changes looked okay. I even liked the fact they didn't wear the black headdresses.

Thing is, I still don't get the story. Isn't Swan Lake kind of a tragedy at the end? Don't Siegfried and Odile both kill themselves in the ballet? Near the end Phantom forms a big heart making it look like this big love story when I'm thinking it supposed to be more tragic than that.

In Phantom's original ending they had Siegfried dying on the field and Odile hid behind a horn player with a black cloak on. In the new ending they have Odile featured through to the end and Siegfried takes off the white portion of his uniform and hides behind a tenor player. You can see it on high cam.

Wouldn't it be cool if Phantom had another ending they were saving until later on in the season, one that actually has them dying? They could be saving it to get more of a crowd reaction for later on if they need a boost? I don't know, I think that would be amazing!