DCI BOD Drama....more to come?

Who doesn't have to be on the board? The independent board members don't have to be on the BOD? Huh/

:huh2:

Who doesn't have to be on the board? The independent board members don't have to be on the BOD? Huh/

:huh2:

board members..who are the marketing people...read back...Im saying make them DCI employees..not board members......im saying not to have independent board members..this changes the foundation of corps, not outsiders deciding what happens ..otherwise were back where we started......some would love that I guess.............selective memory..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

Oh, and Corpsband, speaking of taking a blind-faith leap into the unknown, doesn't that equally well describe virtually every new initiative that has been brought forth from DCI's leaders over the last decade?

Was there ever any proof that Bb, A&E, or increased membership would bring out more interested kids to march? Yet, according to many here, each and every member (equal in responsibility, BTW) agreed to them with no prior experience with efficacy or hard facts to back up the claims.

Even if one agrees that today's shows are "better", is there evidence that all the toys and programming that made them so has attracted any more MMs?

(And the bunk of "it might have died sooner" is just double-speak that can't be proven either way. Many experienced and proven leaders and instructors of the activity call the 1980s the high-point of the drum corps activity. If true (and I believe so) it doesn't rationalize that the proposals implemented during the 90s saved the activity from dying earlier.)

Im not sure if there was any prof that Bb horns were ever going to increase membership but one thing is for sure. They sure brainwashed these kids into the whole idea that Bb is the way to go and that its better for the activity and how horrible that G bugles were.

When I was marching in a competitive G bugle corps we had this young baritone kid about 16 show up for rehearsal late one day. He was brought in to the line and handed one of our G bugles took about 10 min worth of playing it and walked away from it complaining to the section leader about what a crappy horn it was, how bad it played compared to his Bb horn and how he would never march with a G bugle yadda yadda yadda.

board members..who are the marketing people...read back...Im saying make them DCI employees..not board members......im saying not to have independent board members..this changes the foundation of corps, not outsiders deciding what happens ..otherwise were back where we started......some would love that I guess.............selective memory..lol

No matter how well intended, how accomplished and successful, or how experienced a marketing employee is, he will likely never attain his capabilities if a board of corps directors can overrule his actions. Staying the same in leadership and changing the employees leaves us exactly where we are now.

Those directors who believe that DCI should not be in the marketing business will always scuttle any new marketing ideas specifically so they won't be funded. Just as now (or, at least, until recently).

No matter how well intended, how accomplished and successful, or how experienced a marketing employee is, he will likely never attain his capabilities if a board of corps directors can overrule his actions. Staying the same in leadership and changing the employees leaves us exactly where we are now.

Those directors who believe that DCI should not be in the marketing business will always scuttle any new marketing ideas specifically so they won't be funded. Just as now (or, at least, until recently).

that could be BUT what business puts an employee on the board, especially not knowing the in's and out's of the activity...If a marketing person was just an employee then then board can vote..BUT if they are on the board ( lets say they are) what would make it different to shoot them down..I dont see much of a difference

You're also assuming that what you see on the 990s are fact ...hmmm... lol. :tic:

Are you claiming that the corps are misrepresenting their finances to the IRS?

never know do ya........i know of plenty of staff that get paid........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....been like that forever with some............its not like it doesnt happen in many businesses .......ever hear the expression...dont believe everything you read?.....but hey Im not claiming anything :notify:

Hope no one from the IRS is reading this. Thats just what corps need right now: AUDITS.

never know do ya........i know of plenty of staff that get paid........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....been like that forever with some............its not like it doesnt happen in many businesses .......ever hear the expression...dont believe everything you read?.....but hey Im not claiming anything :notify:

Par for the course with you Guardling. You believe that perception is reality, that truth is relative, and it does not surprise me to now find out you wink-wink at moral and ethical relativism.

oh please..I might take you more seriously if you didnt argue about EVERYTHING.....Try doing something instead of yapping and fighting in a place where nothing can be done..theres truth for ya

Nice catty response; It sort of stings when a nerve is touched, huh?

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=be93b5ec-77a0-4303-9f9d-b147243bab16

Anyone see this???

Kind of makes you think that the merger between Bands and Drum corps is already here.