The Cadets - 2014

I'm in the airport waiting for my flight to Indianapolis, and I don't think I'm even interested in seeing this anymore. It borders on cringeworthy for me.

:shutup::silly::bleah::bleah::bleah::bleah::bleah::soapbox::wall::help::fight::whip::angel1::thumbup: . Then don't watch it.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does the Capitol look TILTED?

:giljotiini::bluedevil::angel1:

that capital scrim looks like it is filled with bullet holes - ick

:fight:

I love cheese!!! Bring it on !!! More cheese please !!! :thumbup::biggrin::united::kewlpics::felloff:

I love cheese!!! Bring it on !!! More cheese please !!! :thumbup::biggrin::united::kewlpics::felloff:

FSnyemT.jpg

HanzD5L.jpg

sYEkFES.jpg

MCVaUxY.jpg

Hayfq8U.jpg

:ninja::poke:

• Like 2

"Gilding the lily". For years, I have been looking for a good example of this aphorism. Now I have one. The Cadets' design team is gilding the lily.

The Cadets have a clearly superior collection of marching members, a bunch of kids with enormous talent and capability, easily the equal of BD when it comes to raw skill and capability. But they are getting buried under ever-increasing layers of patriotic frou-frou and portentous imagery.

I am a little bit genuinely upset by all this last minute casting about for GE. It seems a little bit desperate, and in my mind, expresses a certain lack of confidence in the show and the kids.

And really, the Capitol? The whole show is about presidents, and the show ends with a picture of the Capitol? This is just befuddled.

The show SHOULD end with the stage collapsing and that glorious brass pushing to the front sideline, melting faces left and right. And at the last moment, a giant Washington Monument gets erected (ahem) in mid-field. Now that would be stiff competition.

• Like 9

"Gilding the lily". For years, I have been looking for a good example of this aphorism. Now I have one. The Cadets' design team is gilding the lily.

The Cadets have a clearly superior collection of marching members, a bunch of kids with enormous talent and capability, easily the equal of BD when it comes to raw skill and capability. But they are getting buried under ever-increasing layers of patriotic frou-frou and portentous imagery.

I am a little bit genuinely upset by all this last minute casting about for GE. It seems a little bit desperate, and in my mind, expresses a certain lack of confidence in the show and the kids.

And really, the Capitol? The whole show is about presidents, and the show ends with a picture of the Capitol? This is just befuddled.

The show SHOULD end with the stage collapsing and that glorious brass pushing to the front sideline, melting faces left and right. And at the last moment, a giant Washington Monument gets erected (ahem) in mid-field. Now that would be stiff competition.

Agreed, why the Capitol and not the White House? And LOL to erecting the Washington Monument.

Here it is....

dqSEkqL.jpg

tumblr_n2uba9TGI31tq4of6o1_250.gif

• Like 4

As an FMM I don't like seeing the corps perform in half uniform. I can't remember seeing that before.

Yes, I know it's only rehearsal, but it is high-profile at this time of year and the sight of the Cadet jacket with baggy shorts is not a good look.