DCI membership votes overwhelmingly to allow ALL brass instruments in

lol...i wont say other than they are and have been for many many decades a top 12............ok top 5 or 6 or 7 corps...lol

can't be Phantom, at your age they didn't have guys in the guard then either LOL

. IMO if a corps wants to spill it all out there..thats great..if they don't thats also their choice and none of us should condemn what ANY corps thinks is good for their own group.....JMO

The big difference today is also if you read something on DCW people didnt have to chance to spew their venom like today on news groups and social media....these things gave a pathway to the little person with a big mouth and often evil......

You have a very jaudiced and jaded view of most DCP'ers as well as the Drum Corps fan base, imo. Last season, the Crossmen did an entire show theme revolving around Protest.. with marchers yelling out with megaphones to the audience to symbolically stand up and join them in angry protest and civil disobedience, sit down strikes, etc and so forth. Was their theme emploring people to protest action a case of them " spewing venom " ?.. a case of protest " evil " on their behalf. ?.. marchers symbolizing people with " big mouths ". ?.. and all that ? Or people exercising their Freedoms of Expression, of Freedom of Press and Freedom of Speech and all that ? Just curious, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO

with this the latest end of drum corps as we know it controversy taking place, i had another set of thoughts to go along with my oh so rosy one I put up earlier ( Mike new you can repost this one as well :tounge2: )

Drum corps as it is, especially DCi as it usually runs 10 years ahead of DCA is at a huge crossroads. Now, for the record, DCI should have seen the huge outcry coming and been prepared with material from the get go to soften the blow, or at least try to. hell if nothing else, make it as comical as the "justifications" for past rules changes.

Like Congress, we have a situation where there are two distinct camps......those who are for the old ways ( let's say anything before 2003 back to Christ) and those who want to let anything and everything in there, and this could eventually come to include live animals and pyrotechnics.

The problem is, like Congress, DCI is stuck with everyone, and can't really function or survive without the other. But as DCI wants to continue pushing ahead, maybe this will be the time the traditionalists finally start going away. DCI for the most part, and please know when i refer to DCI, it's not Dan or the office but the corps, have never really taken fan desires into consideration in terms of rules proposals, show design etc. They do what the hell they want. Then, traditionalists ( who I may add come in many different age groupings, not just old farts are people from 90's), get ###### off. They stop coming around as much. they stop spending as much. Then when they do that, we see videos and facebook posts and Hop stream of concious ramblings begging for money, or at worst, proposals to keep 7 corps in all of the money and power.

well, now is the time for those traditionalists to show their power. if it pisses you off that much, don't go. if you already bought tickets for this year, sell them. if you're that upset, don't donate any more, don't order cds or dvds, dont get the fan network.

Then, once the "headaches" as I have heard a corps director call them are gone, they are free to do what they want. Let's see exactly how much you bring in extra to replace what's lost. I spoke to a band director today who has sent several kids on to march. I told him about the change and he said he would tell his kids. His kids actually laughed at it. "hey great DCI is offically bando".

if DCI really thinks this and other changes down the road are what they need to survive, more power to you all. I'd love to see the research done to show you what it will bring into the coffers in terms of fans and revenue. You do realize the only band event that truly gets mainstream pub is either a college band using ipads or the HBCU schools. to the world at large, we're just marching band, something that makes noise in the background when we go for hotdogs at halftime.

The sooner the fanbase realizes this, the better off they are, because I really don't see DCI as a whole realizing that every attempt to "make it easier, make it more inclusive, make it more mainstream etc hasn't drawn a ###### dime more.if they did, the guy who claimed synths would allow corps to stop playing the music of dead white guys would actually stop playing the music of dead white guys.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

Define many. Oh, and yes Crown has a very good marching band.

Of the 20 or so I saw, the response was resoundingly positive. I'm on vacay trying to stay off FB though, so I was only on for about 20 minutes.

And yes, Crown was about as good a marching band or drum corps as there's ever been in my book. :)

You have a very jaudiced and jaded view of most DCP'ers as well as the Drum Corps fan base, imo. Last season, the Crossmen did an entire show theme revolving around Protest.. with marchers yelling out with megaphones to the audience to stand up and join them in angry protest and civil disobedience and so forth. Was their theme emploring people to protest " spewing venom ".. a case of protest " evil " on their behalf... marchers symbolizing people with " big mouths "... and all that ? Or people exercising their Freedoms of Expression, of Freedom of Press and Freedom of Speech and all that ? Just curious, thats all.

what the heck are you talking about.....lmao..it was show theme nothing more nothing less...you can express away..who cares..i have no jaded view of DCP or anything.....people earn their own titles...even though I could say you need to get out more in the real drum corps community to hear the real view of people on dcp who frequent.......no need to debate here........you started with a comment on

royer yesterday in which i was answering another poster who asked what would they have done..and as far as posters here or otherwise...yeah its a very fair and un bias place with little opinions and not judgemental at all and ohhh so non condeming...lol........youre a funny guy

in the grand scheme of things....whatever.......we all have our own views , experiences, successes triumps and tragedys........and in the way of freedom of speech...sometimes it's good to know when and how to use it...everyone CAN have a voice doesnt mean they should or that anyone should be listening...JMO ( and thats a general statement my friend )

can't be Phantom, at your age they didn't have guys in the guard then either LOL

now who said i was in the guard.....i was in the hornline long before guard

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

what the hell are you talking about.....lmao..it was show theme nothing more nothing less...you can express away..who cares..i have no jaded view of DCP or anything.....people earn their own titles...even though I could say you need to get out more in the real drum corps community to hear the real view of people on dcp who frequent.......no need to debate here........you started with a comment on royer in which i was answering another poster who asked what would they have done

now who said i was in the guard.....i was in the hornline long before guard

I'm so glad you get jokes

:tounge2:

I'm so glad you get jokes

didnt know if I ever told you I wasnt always a guard person that I spent many years in the hornline...thank god never a drummer :silly: lol jk although I do write for a percussion line in WGI now......visual of course...the rest is all banging to me..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

..you can express away..who cares..

Exactly my sentiments as well. Any marcher or staffer that gets their undies in a bunch on what somebody on a fan base message board posts might need to perhaps consider getting out more and talking to people, listening to people, fans, alums. etc instead of sticking in their own insular off season Corps secret bubble world where all they meet with mostly are like minded syncopants like themselves. If Corps don't care what fans and alums think, and they encourage others to avoid the fans for the most part, then who cares what THEY think as well ? Its a two way street, you know. If DCI Corps want to keep people in the dark in the offseason, then thats their choice. It really is. Its a free country. And everything does have consequences as well too with proposals and decisions that are made without public input, without public anticipation, or without research on its impact, and without any shred of public discussion and public airing well in advance beforehand. If nothing else, this change that has been approved was an unmitigated DCI public relations disaster to handle this in such a secetive fashion. Either they were caught off guard by the public outcry, or they rammed it thru because they didn't care. In either case... who did you say needs to get out and about more again ?

Edited by BRASSO

Exactly my sentiments as well. Any marcher or staffer that gets their undies in a bunch on what somebody on a fan base message board posts might need to perhaps consider getting out more and talking to people, listening to people, fans, alums. etc instead of sticking in their own insular off season Corps secret bubble world where all they meet with mostly are like minded syncopants like themselves.

dont worry the crazy behavior always gets the attention........if someones panties are such in a bunch over a corps that doesnt want to put it all out there then maybe one needs to just chalk it up to...this is how they want it or....find something else to fill up their dead time

didnt know if I ever told you I wasnt always a guard person that I spent many years in the hornline...thank god never a drummer :silly: lol jk although I do write for a percussion line in WGI now......visual of course...the rest is all banging to me..lol

it's ok dude

:ninja: