WGI Fan Network

yeah it's $85 for all 3 days. So if you want guard and percussion, it's $170.that's brutal

My advice? You're a drummer! Go with $85 percussion and you get WGI Winds. Not brutal at all. 2 for the price of 1!

fyi i'm on the $69 plan with exchange rates that fluctuate & btw I pay $160 for a 4 day local folk festival that's worth every penny :)

edit: our local folk fest sold out within 10 minutes 2 years ago due to the internet. Last year they reserved some tickets for early morning stand in line folks.

Edited by lindap

Anytime someone increases a price 200% but offers half the value, I'm suspect. With the two different events, each at $85 without the archives, it's just an enormous increase. I know WGI won't miss my money, but I'm angry enough about this to decide I won't buy anything including the basic plan. I have talked this up in the past, but no longer.

BTW, WGI winds starts next year. They may have en exhibition by Alter like they did at the Dayton regional, but I believe that's it.

I do understand that a premium for finals may be in order akin to what DCI did last year, but what they have now feels like gouging to me.

• Like 2

My advice? You're a drummer! Go with $85 percussion and you get WGI Winds. Not brutal at all. 2 for the price of 1!

fyi i'm on the $69 plan with exchange rates that fluctuate & btw I pay $160 for a 4 day local folk festival that's worth every penny :)

edit: our local folk fest sold out within 10 minutes 2 years ago due to the internet. Last year they reserved some tickets for early morning stand in line folks.

my advice? I won't have enough time to be able to sit and watch to justify the cost

I've purchased the Fan Network for both DCI and WGI every year that it's been offered. I'm guessing the big price jump for WGI is based on the fact that the Finals will probably be sold out and viewing on live stream will be the only option for many.

I believe in capitalism and if they can get enough people to pay $85 per event to turn a nice profit...more power to them.

I, for one though, will not be buying it this year. It's just more than I want to pay to watch on my computer screen. If the majority of

previous subscribers make the same decision I would guess the fee would drop next year. That's the beauty of capitalism.

Good luck to all of the groups!

my advice? I won't have enough time to be able to sit and watch to justify the cost

Watched lots of stream and did laundry in between. I made time to see DCI finals in 2013 at a cost of 1,600, myself with friends. I've attended our folk festival for 23 years (which usually was the same weekend as DCI finals), children under 12 free. When they got older the festival was a gift from me. I wish I could afford to take my brood to a drum corps show to show them what Mom enjoyed but I can't. My oldest used to crawl around at winter guard rehearsal. Next year I hope to take my grandaughters to a local winter guard show.

There will be wonderful guards at Dayton but many never go and you may never know. That's the beauty of winter guard and drumlines. Happy people because they performed in a gym somewhere sometime :)

I've purchased the Fan Network for both DCI and WGI every year that it's been offered. I'm guessing the big price jump for WGI is based on the fact that the Finals will probably be sold out and viewing on live stream will be the only option for many.

I believe in capitalism and if they can get enough people to pay $85 per event to turn a nice profit...more power to them.

I, for one though, will not be buying it this year. It's just more than I want to pay to watch on my computer screen. If the majority of

previous subscribers make the same decision I would guess the fee would drop next year. That's the beauty of capitalism.

Good luck to all of the groups!

What I want to know is, when was the decision made to have each finals weekend be an excess cost on top of the annual fan network subscription. I always renew my subscription very early on, and I remember reading up on the options and NOT seeing anything written about separate charges. Absolutely ridiculous to charge $170 on top.